Absa 2023 L’Atelier art competition for young visual artists across Africa
The Absa L’Atelier is a leading Pan-African art competition. It has been running for 37 years and is hosted annually by Absa in partnership with the South African National Association for the Visual Arts (SANAVA). The Absa L’Atelier is about affording the winning artist(s) with the relevant skill set to develop and thrive as an artist in a forever-changing world.
Every year, emerging visual artists from across Africa are given the opportunity to showcase their talents through the Absa L’Atelier. Additionally, the competition offers them a platform to explore themes and contemporary issues, while setting the stage to bring their possibilities to life. One only has to look at the past winning artists who have become ambassadors, to see how winning the Absa L’Atelier has helped to launch their careers and ultimately grow their craft on a global stage.
- Artists, aged 21 to 40, who are citizens, permanent residents, and residing in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia, are eligible to enter the competition.
- Each artist is permitted a single entry.
- The entry submission needs to be a portfolio of works consisting of a minimum of four, and a maximum of five different artworks.
- Adjudication is done on the portfolio of work entered.
- All entries must be submitted via the Absa L’Atelier online competition portal.
- The Absa L’Atelier competition portal will open for uploading entries on 1 April 2023.
- Entries close on 31 May 2023 at 16:00 (CAT).
- No late submissions will be accepted.
- Adjudication of each submitted entry is done via the online portal.
- When registering online and uploading artwork, it is essential that all fields are completed. Failure to complete all fields will result in an entry being disqualified.
- Any artist aged 21 to 40 years may enter the competition.
- All previous entrants will be required to re-register on the portal.
Duration and Benefits:
There are four prizes for the competition:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- The main prize for the winner of each Group; and
- The Absa Latelier Gerard Sekoto Award for a South African entrant that continues to demonstrate growth in their art production.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: May 31st, 2023
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.
Kindly share this opportunity with Creatives/Artists and others. Thank you.