ACU Routledge/Round Table Commonwealth Studentships for Ph.D Students 2022
The PhD studentships provide support for research projects on Commonwealth related themes. Two studentships are available each year, one for UK-registered students and one for Commonwealth students in other countries.
The studentships have a value of GBP 5,500 each.
Proposed research must fulfil at least one of the below criteria:
- Relate to the Commonwealth as a whole or to any Commonwealth-wide institution or organisation
- Have a strong Commonwealth comparative aspect
- Be of relevance to a Commonwealth country other than the UK.
For example, a research project comparing LGBT rights in South Africa and Uganda would be eligible, as would a project on the reform of colonial-era anti-LGBT legislation in India, but a project on the role of Stonewall in advocating for LGBT rights in the UK would not.
Applications are welcomed from a broad range of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences, but preference may be given to disciplines usually covered by the Round Table journal, including (but not exclusively) politics, international relations, economics, international history, geography, law, development studies, and area studies.
Requirements and Qualifications for ACU Routledge/Round Table Commonwealth Studentships
- The first studentship is open to registered PhD students from UK universities, although not necessarily UK citizens.
- The second is open to registered PhD students from ACU member universities in Commonwealth counties other than the UK, and to Chevening and Commonwealth Scholarship alumni who are PhD students at any Commonwealth university outside the UK.
As part of the studentship, applicants are required to identify and work with a mentor at an ACU member university in a country other than their own. This should be an expert in a subject linked to the applicant’s subject of research, who will be able to provide support and advice during the studentship. Before applying, applicants are encouraged to informally approach at least one potential mentor and, if their application is successful, will then be required to obtain a letter of support from their mentor to agree to the mentorship before their studentship is confirmed.
Successful applicants will be required to submit, no more than twelve months after the take-up of the award, an article of between 4,000 and 6,000 words based on their research, for consideration for publication in the Round Table journal. Successful applicants will also be required to make a podcast on their research, for publication on the journal’s website.
Benefits of ACU Routledge/Round Table Commonwealth Studentships
- The studentships have a value of GBP 5,500 each.
- Deadline for applications: 23:59 UTC on 31 July 2022
- Announcement of winners: September 2022
- Take-up of awards: 1 November 2022 to July 2023
Documents Required for Application
- A CV
- A studentship plan, outlining:
- The work you plan to carry out during the studentship, in non-technical language
- The likely impact of your studentship work, and how it will advance knowledge in your field and contribute to greater understanding of the Commonwealth
- The planned outcomes and outputs of the studentship
- Two letters of support from referees, these should include one academic (preferably your PhD/DPhil supervisor) and one personal reference letter.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by 23:59 UTC on 31 July 2022 via the online application form.
If you already have a MyACU account, you can access the application form here.
If you do not already have a MyACU account, please ensure that you first register for an account here and then follow the instructions in the registration email to log in to the system before accessing the application form.
For more details,visit ACU website
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.