African Urban Futures Postdoctoral Fellowships at University of Cape Town 2022/2023
The ACC invited applications from suitably qualified applicants to apply for the one-year renewable Postdoctoral Research Fellowships.
ACC and the Urban Futures Studio at Utrecht University are undertaking a two-year investigation into processes of futuring that can advance traction for sustainable urban transitions among city leaders and decision-makers.
Eligibility Criteria African Urban Futures Postdoctoral Fellowships
To be eligible for the African Urban Futures Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022, interested applicants are to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants are expected to have completed a doctoral degree in an area of study relevant to urban studies within the past five years (e.g. Urban Planning, Urban Studies, Urban Geography, and related fields).
- Applicants may not previously have held permanent full-time professional or academic posts.
- Applicants should have an extensive knowledge of cities across least two different sub-regions of Africa as defined by the United Nations (Southern Africa, East Africa, Middle Africa, West Africa, and Northern Africa) and a track record of relevant research and publication.
- Fluency in English is a requirement and fluency in French will be an advantage.
- Successful candidate will be required to comply with the University’s approved policies, procedures, and practices for the postdoctoral sector.
Value and Tenure
The fellowships are valued at R350,000 per annum and are tenable for one year, renewable for a total of up to two years subject to satisfactory progress.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the African Urban Futures Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022 are to submit the following documents, via email, to: Associate Professor Warren Smit ([email protected] mailto:[email protected]) before the application deadline:
- A letter of application stating your expertise, research interests, experience (particularly with regard to urban research in a least two sub-regions in Africa), and motivation for this position.
- A two-page concept note on what you see as the key sustainability challenges facing African cities, with some suggested approaches to using futuring to address those challenges.
- A CV including a list of publications/scholarly output.
- Copies of academic transcripts.
- Names and contact details of at least two academics who have taught, supervised, or worked alongside you.
Click Here for more details.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.