APPLY: 2023 DAAD/NELGA Short-Stay Research Fellowship for African Researchers
DAAD/NELGA Short-Stay Research Fellowship is a partnership of over 70 leading African universities and research institutions with proven leadership in education, training and research on land governance.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is funded by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) as commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to organize support measures for the “Network of Excellence for Land Governance in Africa (NELGA)”.
NELGA is a partnership of over 70 leading African universities and research institutions with proven leadership in education, training and research on land governance.
The objectives of NELGA are:
- Enhancing training opportunities and curricula on land governance in Africa; ▪ Promoting demand driven research on land policy; ▪ Connecting scholars and researchers across Africa; ▪ Creating data and information for monitoring and evaluation on land policy reforms; ▪ Strengthening policy-research linkages.
To be considered for the fellowship, you must:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- Have completed at least a first university degree (undergraduate) at a state or state-recognized institution of higher education;
- Be enrolled or a staff member at one of the NELGA partner universities or associated institutions;
- Return to their studies/duty station at the end of the fellowship;
- Be nationals of an African country;
- Be granted leave of absence by their home institution for conducting a field study.
Duration and Benefits
The fellowship consists of:
- A flat-rate travel allowance: EUR 280 for in-country, EUR 430 for neighbouring countries, EUR 630 for in-region, EUR 980 for out of region;
- A monthly research allowance of EUR 460.
The fellowships are tenable for a period of one up to three months, depending on the project in questions and the applicant’s timetable. Only full months are fundable. The fellowship is not renewable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 12th October, 2023
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.