Apply For 2022 StarTimes Online Short Film Festival
StarTimes Online Short Film Festival aims to reward producers who specialize in short movies or have produced a short movie recently.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
StarTimes is a Chinese electronics and media company with a strong presence in Sub-Saharan Africa. StarTimes offers digital terrestrial television and satellite television services to consumers and provides technologies to countries and broadcasters that are switching from analog to digital television.
The Africa Movie Academy Awards, AMAA, has partnered with Nigeria’s leading pay-tv company, StarTimes to hold a unique film festival for short films, The partnership is in line with StarTimes and AMAA’s commitment to growing the Nigerian and African film industry.
Details of 2022 StarTimes Online Short Film Festival:
Students receive their IMES when they enter their first year at UBC, and the scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of study.
The number and level of these scholarships awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
Requirements for 2022 StarTimes Online Short Film Festival:
To be considered for the programme, you must:
- Be a Young filmmaker between 15 – 35 years.
- The film is not more than 40 minutes in length (including end credits)
- The film was completed not more than 2 years before the competition date
- Entries in indigenous language must have a subtitle.
- Films that have been screened/currently screened at a festival are also eligible.
- Only films submitted before the deadline for submission will be considered.
- Any short films that do not meet the requirements will not be accepted.
- Films must be Produced / Released between 1st January 2020 and 20th April 2022.
Duration and Reward
- Winner: $3000+Laptop
- Runner up: $2000+Smartphone
- Second Runner up: $1000+Smartphone
- Special prize of $1000 for Best Documentary