The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) is pleased to announce the 2022 UNESCO Young Professional Programme, a recruitment initiative aimed at improving the geographical representation, promoting gender parity in the Organization.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The programme provides talented, highly qualified university graduates and young professionals from non- and under-represented Member States the opportunity to join UNESCO at the early stage of their professional careers.
Eligibility Criteria for UNESCO Young Professional Programme
To be eligible for the 2022 UNESCO Young Professional Programme (YPP), applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates should be nationals from non- or under-represented Member States at UNESCO.
- Candidates must be less than 32 years of age.
- Candidates must possess an advanced university degree in education, culture, science, social and human sciences or communication, or in a field related to the management and administration of an international organization.
- Applicants must be fluent in English or French languages. Knowledge of both working languages is an asset. Knowledge of Spanish, Russian, Arabic or Chinese is an additional asset.
- Initial professional experience is an asset, but not mandatory.
How To Apply
Interested applicants for the UNESCO Young Professional Programme 2022 are to send their applications to the National Commission or the Permanent Delegation of their country of citizenship. National Commissions and Permanent Delegations review all applications and submit a list of candidates to the Bureau of Human Resources Management at UNESCO.
Applicants are to note the following:
All applications are reviewed by a committee that will establish a shortlist based on:
- Academic qualifications;
- Motivation/statement of interest;
- Presentation of the application;
- Language and writing skills;
- Level of professional experience.
- Interviews and evaluation
The shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a video interview followed by a panel interview. The interviews provide candidates with an opportunity to demonstrate their communication skills, team spirit, analytical skills, sense of initiative, creativity, flexibility and adaptability.
UNESCO will send a letter of appointment to successful candidates. In the other case, UNESCO will inform the interested National Commissions and Permanent Delegations.
The Application Deadline is Not specified.