Apply: University of Toronto EPIC-AT Fellowship Program 2022
The Early Professionals, Inspired Careers in AgeTech (EPIC-AT) Fellowships provide a minimum of $8,000 to trainees and $10,000 to Early Career Researchers. Fellowships are intended to enable promising new scholars to participate fully in an exclusive 1 year training program.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The program will focus on developing new skills and providing a breadth of experience in transdisciplinary working, stakeholder engagement and co-creation, the research-policy dynamic and the innovation and implementation process. The program will equip fellows to develop, implement and evaluate digital technologies that help older Canadians with complex health needs age safely, independently and with dignity in the setting of their choice. The expected time commitment of the training and mentorship program is approximately 50-60 hours over the course of 1 year
Aim and Benefits of University of Toronto EPIC-AT Fellowship Program
- Gain in-depth, specialized expertise in developing, implementing and evaluating digital health solutions for seniors with complex health needs.
- Access to multi-sectoral mentors and sponsors.
- Participate in value-added professional development training, internship and lab exchange opportunities.
- Network with a community of AgeTech researchers and professionals
- Receive support to identify and attain career goals.
Requirements and Qualifications for University of Toronto EPIC-AT Fellowship Program Qualification
- Domestic and international graduate students or postdoctoral fellows must participate full-time in their respective program at a Canadian post-secondary institution or research institute.
- Early career researcher applicants must be within the first 5 years (60 months) of a full-time academic appointment at a Canadian post-secondary institution or research institute.
- All applicants must be engaged in academic study/research aligned with the mission and vision of EPIC-AT and willing to participate fully in the training platform program.
- Applicants may not hold an AGE-WELL Annual Graduate and Postdoctoral Award concurrently with an EPIC-AT Fellowship.
- Notice of Admissions will be received by August, 2022. Expected start date of fellowship is September 1, 2022.
How to Apply
- The application is comprised of an online application form and supporting documents detailed below. Late or incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please note that this includes letters of reference.
- Applicants are strongly recommended to complete the EPIC-AT Fellowship Application (in either English or French) using preferred word processing software.
- Once you are ready to submit your application online, if you have not already done so, you must register with the AGE-WELL Forum Research Portal (the form will ask for your name and email). After you submit the registration form, the system will create an account and send your credentials to the email address you provided. Once you login, you will have to reset your temporary password.
- The “My Applications” link is in the top right of the page you will reach after resetting your password. Please select “EPIC-AT Award 2022.” Copy your application material and upload supporting documents to the AGE-WELL Forum Research Portal website by 5pm ET on June 13, 2022.
- Letters of support must be sent directly to [email protected]
For more details,visit UT website