Black Fashion World 2022 Scholarship Fund for Fashion Entrepreneurs
The BFW Scholarship Fund provides an educational grant to African Americans who are limited financially and have displayed a compelling desire to pursue a career in the fashion industry, despite adverse situations they have encountered.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
Their challenges may have ranged from socio-economic setbacks including teen pregnancy; former incarceration; interrupted schooling; poverty and homelessness. According to datawheel.us in 2017 the student population at the Fashion Institute of Technology for Black or African Americans was 9.27%, as compared to 44.3% White, 18.8% Hispanic or Latino, and 11.2% Asian. Black Fashion World Foundation’s aim is to eradicate financial barriers that can hinder this demographic of creatives from obtaining the necessary education that is vital to their journey to fulfilling their fashion dreams.
Requirements and Qualifications for BFW Scholarship Fund
- Applicant must be an African American, Black, Pan African;
- High School seniors, students with GED diplomas, undergraduate (2 year or 4 year) college students, and students at vocational or trade schools;
- Career Changers may apply. Must not have an undergraduate degree;
- US citizen or Permanent Resident;
- 18 to 44 years of age;
- Minimum 2.0 GPA;
- Household income not exceeding $75,000 USD;
- Their proof of resilience in the face of adversity and a willingness to make positive contributions to their communities are necessary for consideration;
- Students must effectively communicate how they will serve the community upon completion of the program.
Benefits of BFW Scholarship Fund
- The scholarship provided is based on financial need.
- Display of Leadership
- Community Service
- Socio-Economic Factors
- Quality of Essay and/or Video Message Submission
- Testimonials to Character
How to Apply
To apply, go to, Black Fashion World on form.jotform.com to apply