DAAD Masters Scholarships in Agricultural Economics for African Students 2022
The Master of Philosophy in Agricultural Economics is a 2-year structured program. The first year is designated for course work while the second year is a full research year. The Program will lead to the award of a Master of Philosophy (MPhil) degree in Agricultural Economics by the University for Development Studies (UDS), Tamale.
The MPhil Development Management is pursued in English Language. Hence, English proficiency is a critical requirement for students who wish to study on the programme. Foreign applicants whose native language is not English Language must show a proof of English Proficiency or a certificate of advanced language examinations e.g., TOEFL, IELTS, CAE and CPE among others.
Requirements and Qualifications for DAAD Masters Scholarships in Agricultural Economics
The master program welcomes applications from excellent students with a bachelor degree or equivalent in one of the disciplines related to Rural Development (Agronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Economy, Management, Geography, Geology, Law, Sociology, Physics, Statistics, etc.). More specific requirements that candidates have to fulfil and documents that must be presented in the application are:
- A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in a relevant field from a recognized institution of higher learning or its equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- For candidates who wish to apply for DAAD scholarship, a first degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division in a relevant field from a recognized institution of higher learning. The last academic degree obtained should not be older than six years;
- Submit official transcripts of academic records, certificates, and other relevant documents from successfully completed undergraduate programmes.
- Candidates applying for a DAAD Scholarship should include a one-page statement of motivation. In addition, applicants should include an updated Curriculum Vitae and research proposal detailing intended research work.
- DAAD Scholarship applicants must pass a selection interview (face to face interview for local applicants or online interview for foreign applicants, as may be applicable).
- The applicants selected for the DAAD scholarship to pursue the MPhil Agricultural Economics Programme will be awarded a two (2) year contract.
How to Apply
All Ghanaian and foreign applicants for the 2022/2023 academic year admissions are required to use the UDS online application portal. The online application process is as follows:
- Ghanaian applicants are to make a payment of GHS 250.00 (two hundred and fifty Ghana Cedis)forthe UDS E-Voucherat anyZenith Bank, Agricultural Development Bank (ADB), Prudential Bank, National Investment Bank (NIB), GCB Bank Ltd., Ecobank and Stanbic Bank branches throughout the country.
- Foreign applicants should visit UDS online payment portal with a Master Card or Visa Card to make an online payment of $100.00 (One Hundred US Dollars) for the e-Voucher.
- The E-Voucher contains the PIN and Serial Number required in completing the online form.
- Access the online form by visiting our online admissions portal soon after payment.
- In completing the online form, students will be required to upload their most recent passport size photographs and relevant certificates.
- A form is not considered completed until it is SUBMITTED after accepting our Data Confirmation Policy (click on submit to finish your application). Applicants are advised to check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications. A form, once submitted, can be viewed, but cannot be edited.
- Applicants must print out three copies of the application summary; attach transcripts, certificates, and all other relevant documents to each form. Three referees’ details are also required. Candidates must also attach a synopsis of their thesis proposal (maximum of five pages) as part of the application.
- Applicants in Ghana are strongly advised to visit any EMS Office in the Country for assistance towards the return of the application documents. Applicants are advised not to post the forms themselves. They should seek the advice and services of Ghana Post EMS. The application documents specified above should be addressed to:
The Head (Academic & Students Affairs)
University for Development Studies
P.O Box TL 1350
Foreign applicants should also post three sets of the application documents mentioned in 7 by Express mail to the address indicated above.
9. For foreign applications, candidates should send a scanned copy of the application form and all documents in (vi) above to the Senior Assistant Registrar, Graduate School through this email: syebao[email protected] and copy the Head of Department through the email: benjamin.anang(at)uds.edu.gh.
10. All applicants for the DAAD Scholarships should send a scanned copy of their application form and all documents to the UDS Coordinator of Programmes, West African Centre for Sustainable Rural Transformation (WAC-SRT), through the emails: [email protected] and [email protected]. Also, copy the Senior Assistant Registrar at the Graduate School ([email protected]) as well as the Head of Department (Agricultural and Food Economics) via [email protected]. It is important that scanned copies of your application are emailed as a single pdf file to the designated officers to support the application process. Incomplete applications will not be considered during the selection process.
For more details,visit DAAD website
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.