Data Science Internship (Summer 2023) at Novata
Novata is a public benefit corporation created and funded by a unique consortium of foundations and private sector companies including the Ford Foundation, the Omidyar Network, S&P Global, and Hamilton Lane. We are a for-profit, mission-driven company with the goal of empowering the private markets to build a more inclusive and sustainable form of capitalism. By bringing together the brightest minds in financial data, private equity, social justice and inclusive capitalism, we aim to build the best technology and tools for the private markets to better collect, analyze, benchmark and report ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) data. We have an experienced and diverse team who are as ambitious about growing a successful company as we are about making an impact.
About the Team
Novata has rapidly grown to around 80 people strong, where 40 of those people sit within the Product and Engineering team. We’re a mix of engineers and digital specialists from various backgrounds distributed across the UK and US. Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through continuous delivery of the product so we focus on making small, incremental improvements in order to deliver high quality software, frequently. We’re strong believers in the principles of agile, so we work in small cycles and regularly reflect on our processes making changes where necessary to improve outcomes and effectiveness.
About the Internship
The program will be open to students who are seeking a career path in the Tech industry. The program will last 12 weeks and will run during the summer period. Interns will be remote for the majority of their internship, although frequent travel to one of our London co-working spaces will be expected during the internship. The program is a paid internship, where you will be compensated for your time based on a competitive annual salary paid pro rata.
Requirements for Data Science Internship (Summer 2023) at Novata
Novata is seeking one Data Science intern for the summer of 2023 to plan and lead an exciting data and/or machine learning project under the supervision of one of our Senior Data Scientists. Together, the supervisor and intern will develop specific, measurable learning objectives for the internship which will be challenging yet attainable within the 12-week period.
- A passion for our mission, sustainability and social impact
- Excellent communication skills and can work collaboratively and respectfully with other team members
- A start-up mentality, are energetic, ambitious, adaptable and willing to jump in wherever you might be needed
- An appetite to deliver through a high degree of personal commitment coupled with a natural passion for continuous learning and growth
- A strong technical understanding of the underpinnings of modern machine learning
- Knowledge and some experience collecting and analysing data using Python and SQL
We Use and Teach:
- Python and SQL for collecting, transforming and analyzing data
- Amplitude, Metabase and Datadog for visualization of data
- Git for managing change
- Postgres for our persistent storage
- Docker to package our services into containers
- AWS for deployment, specifically EKS, RDS and S3
- Work at a start-up which has significant backing
- Fully remote working, with regular meetups in our shared working space in London
- Competitive rate of pay based on an annual salary of £30,000 (paid pro rata) for the duration of the internship.
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.