Applications are open for the Diamonstein-Spielvogel Visual Journalism Fellowship 2023. ProPublica is looking for a creative, empathetic and ambitious visual journalist to join their editorial team as the inaugural Diamonstein-Spielvogel visual journalism fellow, a position that honors Paul Steiger, ProPublica’s founder emeritus.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
Over two years, this fellow will expand their investigative reporting skills by conceptualizing and producing photography across platforms, collaborating on ProPublica’s in-depth investigative projects and pitching and executing independent visual stories. Their work will help ProPublica expand beyond traditional narrative formats and engage diverse audiences who would be less likely to read long-form journalism.
ProPublica’s investigative journalism does more than expose wrongdoing and injustice; they intend for it to spark real-world change. This role requires individual creative initiative, collaborative curiosity, enthusiasm and a rigorous commitment to the impact-based mission of ProPublica. The Diamonstein-Spielvogel fellow will report to ProPublica’s senior editor for visual storytelling, Boyzell Hosey, whose career highlights include photography and multimedia editing for five Pulitzer Prize-winning stories. They will have the opportunity to work from either New York or one of ProPublica’s regional offices in Atlanta, Washington, D.C., Chicago, Phoenix or Berkeley, California, on investigative stories and long-form narratives.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- At least three years of professional photojournalism experience.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates the ability to conceive, pitch and produce photo documentary projects either independently or for news organizations.
- Strong grasp of photojournalistic principles, including ethics, research, visual narrative, project management, team collaboration, subject sourcing, image usage and copyright, and a broad knowledge of the current photojournalism landscape.
- Strong photographic technical skills, including proficiency in imaging software (such as Photoshop), audio and video capturing and editing, and image transmitting.
- Solid basic reporting skills and caption writing experience is a must.
- Ability to communicate in writing and in person clearly, concisely and persuasively.
- A diverse perspective. This fellowship is aimed at qualified individuals from backgrounds underrepresented in investigative journalism. A successful candidate will bring perspectives and life experiences that point to unique stories and untapped potential for holding the powerful accountable.
- Ability to travel for photo assignments around the United States, and internationally, as required.
Duration and Benefits
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
- This fellowship is full-time and the salary for this position is $75,000 and includes full benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: August 8th, 2023
Kindly share this opportunity with and others. Thank you.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.