Entry-level Freelance Writers Needed at GAMURS Group ($25/hr)
GAMURS Group is looking for journalists/bloggers who get the intersectional feminist approach to the biggest news in geek culture and who have significant knowledge and passion for fandom, feminism, pop culture, politics, film, television, the comics, the technology, the strange. internet memes, and more!
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
TheMarySue.com is searching for dedicated freelance writers to bolster our strategic search-oriented content! We’re looking for journalists/bloggers who get our intersectional feminist approach to the biggest news in geek culture and have significant knowledge of, and passion for, fandom, feminism, pop culture, politics, movies, TV, comic books, technology, weird internet memes, and more.
You should especially be plugged into the latest and greatest in fandom. Do you have fifteen notifications pop onto your phone from a variety of sources whenever there’s an update on what’s next for your favorite franchise? We want to hear from you.
So, what are the job expectations? We require a minimum of 25 posts per month but are really looking for much more (100+ posts/month), especially from those who have experience writing for similar outlets—or for us in the past!
Your primary focus will be writing SEO content as assigned, from short breakdowns on everything fans need to know in movies, TV, and games to best-of lists and answering the internet’s burning questions with your fandom expertise. However, contributing writers may also pitch opinion and feature content.
Our rates vary right along with the content, ranging from $15 to $60 depending on the length and type of story, with most posts fitting within the $25 range.
What Are We Looking For In A Prospective Contributing Writer?
- Someone who’s proud to be called a geek and a feminist.
- A quick writer who has a knack for relaying information in a fun, fan-oriented way.
- Someone eager to learn and incorporate feedback to build their writing skills.
- Familiarity with WordPress/blogging platforms and social media channels. (Mostly Facebook and Twitter, but Tumblr, TikTok, Instagram, and more are great, too!)
- A multitasker who can consume a large amount of information in a short time.
- The ability to write quickly and accurately.
- Previous freelance experience.