The EU-ECOWAS Scholarship programme provides scholarships for masters’ degrees in the sustainable energy sector at specialised universities in West Africa (Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Togo) for the benefit of eligible students from ECOWAS member states involved in the energy sector.
The programme aims to improve access to high-quality training in the sustainable energy sector in West Africa, enabling university graduates with a focus on young professionals (English, French and Portuguese speaking) in the ECOWAS member states to acquire the profile required to meet the growing demand for specialists at the highest level in the field of sustainable energy and to promote good governance of the sector in the region.
The EU-ECOWAS Scholarship application form collects responses from applicants who are interested to complete a master’s programme in the energy sector from shortlisted universities. The scholarship selection process will analyse the information collected through the application form against the following criteria:
- Be nationals of a member state of ECOWAS or Mauritania and being resident in ECOWAS’ region or Mauritania
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree with First Class or Second Class (Upper Division)
- Have undertaken studies at least at bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy and environment (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), law, economics, finance and planning as deemed by the entry requirements of the chosen university
- Work experience in the energy sector in West Africa will be an added advantage
- Hold (at least) provisional admission into an approved course of study at the time of scholarship approval
- Scholarship is open to working and non-working candidates. Working candidates are required to provide letter of release from their employer to complete the course for the duration of the programme
- Commitment to publish at least 1 practice-oriented research before the end of the programme
- Commitment to start internships within the course of study.
Institut National Polytechnique Félix Houphouët-Boigny (INPHB)
- Specialised Master’s in Renewable Energies (Mastère Spécialisé en Energies Renouvelables)
Universite de Lome
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
- Research master’s in advanced Materials for Electricity (Master recherche en matériaux avancés pour l’électricité)
- Professional Engineer master’s in electrical engineering (Master ingénieur professionnel en ingénierie électrique)
- Research Engineer master’s in electrical engineering (Master ingénieur recherche en ingénierie électrique)
How to Apply
Successful applicants will be required to provide the following documents for validation:
- Identification cards such as an international passport or a national identity card
- Proof of residency in an ECOWAS country or Mauritania
- A copy of the provisional admission letter from a shortlisted university
- Academic transcripts or certificate obtained, and
- Any other documents to validate information provided in the application form.
Contact [email protected]
For More Information:
The Application Deadline is 23rd September 2022
Start your Application
Below, you will find the application button, deadline information and other details. Good luck. But before you apply;share, rate and Join us for More.
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.