Falling Walls Foundation Science Summit Journalist Fellowship 2022
The Falling Walls Foundation is offering a journalist fellowship grant to support international media representatives in reporting on the topics of the Falling Walls Science Summit 2022. Selected journalists will be invited to Berlin to meet international speakers and participants at the Falling Walls Science Summit in November 2022.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
Falling Walls Science Summit is the leading forum for global science leaders with focus on science breakthroughs. The summit takes place every year in Berlin from 7 – 9 November, the anniversary day of the fall of the Berlin Wall. This holistic approach of international, interdisciplinary and intersectoral discourse is globally unique and attracts leading researchers, CTOs, science strategists, sciences funders, and media worldwide.
Choose up to three topics that you would like to report on:
- Discovering Earth & SpaceArt and Science
- Engineering and Technology
- Climate Crisis & Sustainability
- Discovering Earth & Space
- Future Learning
- Health & Wellbeing
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Science and Innovation Management
- Science Engagement
- Social Sciences and Humanities
Requirements and Qualifications for Falling Walls Foundation Science Summit Journalist Fellowship
- Open to international media representatives with a proven track of journalist record (freelance or staff).
- Applicants are expected to research and publish on a chosen topic related to the Falling Walls Science Summit.
- There are no restrictions on specific media areas or the form of publication.
Benefits of Falling Walls Foundation Science Summit Journalist Fellowship
- Up to twenty media representatives will be selected. They will each receive a fellowship grant, provided by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
- The grant will be awarded as a lump sum and includes travel, accommodation and per diem expenses for the whole duration of the fellowship programme (6-10 November 2022) as well as research and reporting costs, if those apply.
How to Apply
Send your application documents in one PDF to [email protected] by October2, 2022 by 23:59 CEST.
Application documents are to include:
- Cover letter and short exposé/research plan (1 – 1,5 pages) on your preferred topic, including planned publication date and media contact. Note: the subject of your reporting must be based on one of the event topics.
- Short CV of your journalistic career and – if applicable – journalism grants, awards, etc.
- Max. three examples of your journalistic work within a field of science.
For more details, visit FWF website