Full Stack Engineer Needed at Flutterwave
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) to make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
About the Full Stack Engineer Role at Flutterwave
We are looking for a driven, passionate, and committed individual to join the team as we grow and expand across Africa and beyond. As a Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the team in Identifying, prioritizing, and executing tasks in the software development life cycle of a product and manage and oversee projects for the company.
What Your Day-to-Day Activities Will Be
- Produce application architecture design translated from high-level product/user requirements
- Design, develop and deliver code that can support new product feature/enhancements in an agile environment
- Develop customer-facing applications using RESTful APIs
- Create database schemas that represent and support new products/ enhancements
- Maintain quality and ensure optimum performance of developed applications.
- Collaborate in design and development with the rest of the team.
- Maintain code integrity, organization, versioning, and apply object-oriented design principles
- Carry out unit tests of developed applications as well as setup automated testing of applications to ensure correctness, robustness, and scalability
- Work with frontend designers and converting designs to visual elements.
- Maintain code and application security at all times.
- Ensure data protection.
- Understanding of scope and client’s business model
- Mentoring and implementation of best practices and processes
- Compliance with documented process (SDLC)
- Creativity and efficiency index, usage of components and tools
Required competency and skillset
- Proficient with objected oriented design in a back-end programming language e.g. NodeJs
- Possess excellent knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support company products
- Proficient in data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Understand design principles behind highly scalable applications
- Be able to manage applications on a wide variety of cloud platforms, and perform database administration and application scaling to support load changes
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Possess solid communication skills and a strong customer focus
- Maintain good knowledge of emerging technologies
- Ability to finish projects on time
- Displaying Enthusiasm/Motivation/Creativity for assignment
The Application Deadline is Not Specified