Ghent University PhD Research Position (Faculty of Law and Criminology)
Open to: International Students, Post Graduates, Researchers
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
Login / Register
The Ghent University through the faculty of Law and Criminology is welcoming applications from suitably qualified candidates for a PhD Research Position. The PhD student will be investigating the rights of the individuals in the context of secondary uses of health data for research purposes in the view of the applicable regulatory frameworks.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The PhD researcher will be based at the Faculty of Law and Criminology at Ghent University and will be also part of the interfaculty Metamedica Platform. For more information about the Metamedica platform, you can click here.
Details of Ghent University PhD Research Position
The PhD student will be investigating the rights of the individuals in the context of secondary uses of health data for research purposes in the view of the applicable regulatory frameworks.
In particular, the PhD researcher should identify and assess the relevant provisions in applicable regulatory frameworks in the EU, including the GDPR, the upcoming Data Governance Act and the European Health Data Space, which can strengthen the rights of the individuals when their data are being processed for research purposes.
This legal analysis should be based on the relevant theoretical framework on the principles of transparency, fairness and lawfulness in the processing of health data.
To be eligible for the Ghent University Faculty of Law and Criminology PhD research Job, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- You have a master’s degree in Law or a relevant discipline
- You have a passion for research and strong analytical skills.
- You are willing to familiarise yourself with interdisciplinary methodologies in health privacy research and follow the literature in bioethics, health and data protection law, and health informatics.
- You have an impressive track record (study results, publications and/or awards)
- You are able to work independently and take initiative, yet you are also a team player.
- You have high organisational skills, and are able to meet deadlines.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Existing educational, research or professional background in EU data protection law and/or health law will be an asset for this position.
How To Apply
- Motivation letter
- A writing sample (publication, research essay, master thesis, …)
- Copy of diploma’s
Important Note: All required documents should be merged into 1 single pdf file.
The Application Deadline is 31st May 2022