International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) 2022 Mid-Career Visiting Scientist Award
The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) is the specialized cancer Agency of the World Health Organization (WHO). Based in Lyon, France, IARC is inter-disciplinary, bringing together skills in epidemiology, laboratory sciences and biostatistics to identify the causes of cancer so that preventive measures may be adopted, and the burden of the disease and associated suffering reduced. It provides a unique career development environment for scientists at all levels, with the opportunity to gain experience in research from a truly global perspective. The Agency is now offering the exciting new opportunity of an IARC Mid-Career Visiting Scientist Award. This Award is for a qualified and experienced mid-career investigator from a LMIC who wishes to come to IARC and drive a collaborative project in a research area related to the Agency’s programmes and current medium-term strategy (MTS) for a period of between 6 and 12 months.
Requirements and Qualifications for IARC Mid-Career Visiting Scientist Award
- Candidates must have a nationality from LMICs and live and work in an LMIC
- PhD degree must have been obtained more than 5 years and less than 15 years ago (except for non-work periods e.g. due to sick leave, pregnancy, etc.).
- Candidates with a MD but should have obtained a PhD degree, or MPH or/and similar additional research experience
- Applicants must belong to the staff of a university, research or public institution and must provide written assurance of a post to return to at the end of the period of Award
- Two reference letters are required by present/former supervisor as well as proof of recent publications in international peer-reviewed scientific journals
- A research proposal that is feasible, supported by and is a good fit with IARC’s MTS and with IARC Host Branch/collaborator are essential
- IARC personnel (ECVSs, staff) currently at IARC are not eligible
Benefits of IARC Mid-Career Visiting Scientist Award
- The monthly stipend will be 2,820 euros.
- The cost of travel for the Awardee, and in certain circumstances for dependents, will be met.
How to Apply
For more details, visit IARC website
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
Start your Application
Below, you will find the application button, deadline information and other details. Good luck. But before you apply;share, rate and Join us for More.
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.