International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) 2022 Mid-Career Visiting Scientist Award
The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) is the specialized cancer Agency of the World Health Organization (WHO). Based in Lyon, France, IARC is inter-disciplinary, bringing together skills in epidemiology, laboratory sciences and biostatistics to identify the causes of cancer so that preventive measures may be adopted, and the burden of the disease and associated suffering reduced. It provides a unique career development environment for scientists at all levels, with the opportunity to gain experience in research from a truly global perspective. The Agency is now offering the exciting new opportunity of an IARC Mid-Career Visiting Scientist Award. This Award is for a qualified and experienced mid-career investigator from a LMIC who wishes to come to IARC and drive a collaborative project in a research area related to the Agency’s programmes and current medium-term strategy (MTS) for a period of between 6 and 12 months.
Requirements and Qualifications for IARC Mid-Career Visiting Scientist Award
- Candidates must have a nationality from LMICs and live and work in an LMIC
- PhD degree must have been obtained more than 5 years and less than 15 years ago (except for non-work periods e.g. due to sick leave, pregnancy, etc.).
- Candidates with a MD but should have obtained a PhD degree, or MPH or/and similar additional research experience
- Applicants must belong to the staff of a university, research or public institution and must provide written assurance of a post to return to at the end of the period of Award
- Two reference letters are required by present/former supervisor as well as proof of recent publications in international peer-reviewed scientific journals
- A research proposal that is feasible, supported by and is a good fit with IARC’s MTS and with IARC Host Branch/collaborator are essential
- IARC personnel (ECVSs, staff) currently at IARC are not eligible
Benefits of IARC Mid-Career Visiting Scientist Award
- The monthly stipend will be 2,820 euros.
- The cost of travel for the Awardee, and in certain circumstances for dependents, will be met.
How to Apply
Go to International Agency for Research on Cancer(IARC) on survey.alchemer.com to apply
For more details, visit IARC website
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.