International Monetary Fund (IMF) Economist Program 2022
The EP is a three-year program consisting of two 18-month assignments. It is aimed at talented, recent PhD graduates who are excited by the opportunity to gain operational experience and further develop their macroeconomics expertise, while making a direct and meaningful contribution on a global stage to fostering monetary cooperation, securing financial stability, facilitating international trade, promoting high employment and sustainable economic growth, and reducing poverty
IMF Economist Program Courses
Requirements and Qualifications for IMF Economist Program
You will need to be:
- A recent PhD graduate or be within one year of completing your PhD in a relevant field of study
- A national of one of our IMF member countries
- Under age 34 when you join the IMF EP program
Aim and Benefits of IMF Economist Program
- Participants in the EP will apply their studies and research to policy work that impacts our 189 member countries and join a team of staff working to address the key global economic challenges. You will travel to countries where you will work closely with country authorities and carry out operational work related to the IMF’s mission. Depending on your assignments, EP participants will gain broad experience in regional and country-specific issues, as well as in fiscal, monetary, balance of payments, debt, or other related issues and contribute to our research and policy analysis agenda.
- In combination with your work assignments, you will be able to participate in a range of training and development activities and will be mentored, guided, and supported by seasoned economists, all with a view of ensuring a satisfying and exciting start to your career at the IMF.
- We will conduct an initial screening based on your application form and supporting documentation. If you are successful in meeting our initial criteria, you will receive an invitation for a preliminary interview by phone or by video. Following a successful preliminary stage (preliminary interview + transcript + references) we will invite you for a virtual panel interview. The preliminary and panel interview stage will take place through the end of the year and during January and the two steps may overlap.
- We are keen to hear from adaptable, talented, and technically competent candidates who are curious and can find creative ways to address today’s global economic challenges. If you are interested in being part of a team that contributes to promoting economic stability on a global stage, we would welcome your application to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Economist Program.
How to Apply
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed between October and January, with offers made in early February. The selection process consists of multiple stages, which may run in parallel to one another.
For more details, visit IMF website
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.