Applications for the IPPHL Program, fully funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and partners with the Center for Creative Leadership, is open to all health professionals.
The International Program in Public Health Leadership is an eight-month program at the United States for emerging leaders working in African Ministries of Health
The program emphasises one-on-one coaching and mentoring, peer learning and sharing, and the creation of a community of practice to provide participants with access to a larger network that will help them address the challenges they face in implementing policies and programs.
- Orientation (Virtual): March 14, 15, 16; 4 pm – 5:30 pm GMT
Introduction to the policy project, executive leadership coaches, & the global IPPHL Network
- 8 weeks Policy Intensive (Virtual): Foundational skills in public policy analysis & implementation
- 2 weeks Leadership Immersion (Seattle, USA): Experiential learning, workshopping, networking, and individual leadership development
- 7 weeks Launch & Learn (Virtual): Application of leadership, implementation, and policy
- 5 days Capstone Seminar (Nairobi, Kenya): Strategize how to move your projects, agendas, and teams
To be considered for the IPPHL Program, you must:
- Be an African public health practitioner in their mid-career who works for the government, a federal, regional, state, or provincial organization, or a government initiative or partner
- Possesses a degree in public health or is a qualified medical professional
- Be a citizen and resident of a country in Africa
- Have Strong English-language skills, and the ability to articulate the various policy or program implementation challenges that they deal with in public health
Program Duration and Reward
- The Program will run for the period of 8 months
- The organizers will provide accommodation and airfare for the two weeks Seattle Residency
- Individual coaching and mentoring, peer sharing, learning, and networking for the fellows
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
- Application Form (to be completed online)
- 3 short-answer questions limited to 1500 characters each on the given topics
- CV/Resume in pdf format
- Statement of Release from your supervisor (PDF)
- Letter of Recommendation from your employer or supervisor (pdf)
How To Apply
Documents & Guides
Below are relevant document samples and guides that may aid your application.
- Download CVs & Cover letters
- Download study materials
- Download career resources
- Download other materials
Begin your Application
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.
DISCLAIMER: Can you also vouch for the authenticity of this opportunity? Please rate it here. However, do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.