Internship Role At Sourcegraph For A Product Designer
Join us on our mission to make it so everyone, in every community, in every country, and every industry can create products using the best technology.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
All our positions are remote and distributed around the world, and we provide generous travel budgets to connect in person as the world begins to reopen.
Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced 4x year-over-year revenue growth and our $125M Series D from Andreessen Horowitz and $50M Series C from Sequoia have given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of code search yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t live without it–just like Google web search). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Why this job is exciting
- Contribute to the overall strategy and decision-making about Sourcegraph’s features.
- Drive continual progress towards a cohesive, delightful experience for a technical audience through iterative improvements.
- Have the autonomy to facilitate conversations, identify problems, arrive at solutions, and execute designs.
- Pull together insights to propose a variety of solutions, then collaborate with product and engineering to determine the best solutions to problems.
- Use prototyping and usability testing to inform and validate designs.
- Collaborate directly with customers to inform strategy and design decisions.
- Play a key role in building design culture at Sourcegraph.
- Publish blog posts and give conference talks about your work at Sourcegraph.
- Expertise in designing complex web applications as demonstrated in a strong portfolio showcasing your tried and tested process for tackling design problems, as well as high-quality interaction, and visual design.
- Experience building end-to-end experiences in popular design tools (we use Figma).
- The ability to adapt your tools and processes for the velocity of a fast-paced startup where projects have varying requirement levels.
- Experience with usability testing, customer journey mapping, developing personas, wireframing and prototyping, sketching, and other UX design methods.
- The ability to proactively give maintenance to the design system when thinking about how new concepts impact the whole product.
- A knack for giving and receiving feedback, and explaining the reasoning behind your designs.
- A deep understanding of developers, and a strong understanding of Git and Git workflows.
- Strong UI design skills.
- Experience designing developer tools.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams on multiple projects in tandem.
- Experience designing for B2B or B2D (developer) applications.
- Experience working with distributed or remote teams.
- Experience building and implementing complex design systems.
- Experience working on or leading a product redesign.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can go to the official website to apply.
The Application Deadline is Not Specified.