Internship Role At Sourcegraph For An Engineering Manager – Content Platform
Join us on our mission to make it so everyone, in every community, in every country, and every industry can create products using the best technology.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
All our positions are remote and distributed around the world, and we provide generous travel budgets to connect in person as the world begins to reopen.
Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. We help developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced 4x year-over-year revenue growth and our $125M Series D from Andreessen Horowitz and $50M Series C from Sequoia have allowed us to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of code search yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t live without it–just like Google web search). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Why this job is exciting
As the Engineering Manager, you will lead our exceptional high agency all-remote team Content Platform team, to achieve the ambitious objective of creating a unified framework for all our static sites. These include our marketing, blog, handbook, and documentation sites. These sites are key not only key to our ability to sell to and support our customers, but also in guiding our all-remote company operations. Our generous compensation philosophy, and your ability to hire from anywhere, will give you the unique opportunity to continue attracting the best talent in the world.
Within one month:
- You will start building a trusting relationship with your direct reports and peers.
- You will be in a position to understand what your needs are in the team and lead the hiring efforts of the team.
- You will understand the what, why, and how of the projects that your team is working on, how those projects contribute to our company goals, as well as current status, risks, and mitigations.
- You will build a better understanding of our high agency value by reading Turn the Ship Around and sharing your thoughts about it with your manager and your team.
Within three months:
- You will build a trusting relationship with your direct team and be able to connect their work to their own career goals.
- You will be able to coach and mentor your direct team to establish career goals and growth plans.
- Your peers in product and engineering are enthusiastic to work with you because you reliably follow through with your commitments.
- You will be able to communicate the 1-year vision for your team, and the sustainable execution and hiring plan to get there.
Within six months:
- You will have improved planning, communication, hiring, and onboarding processes to help the team scale as we grow.
- You will celebrate the fact that your team has delivered key results in support of their objectives for the year.
- You will have hired and retained exceptional people to make our team even more representative of the world’s population.
- You’ll have collaborated with product and engineering leadership to develop the next set of ambitious goals that your team should work towards.
- You’ll develop a clear technical and execution strategy to achieve that next set of goals
You are an experienced and visionary people-driven engineering leader who has the skills to effectively drive progress toward our Content Platform team’s ambitious and challenging objectives. You’re comfortable leading a team of senior engineers: largely self-organized, and with low-overhead processes. You are an excellent communicator with the ability to drive consensus among stakeholders. You are a team builder ready to tackle complex problems and build high-functioning teams working with cutting-edge technology. You are strongly aligned with our values, inspired by our mission to make it so that everyone can code, and motivated to do your best work at Sourcegraph.
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience including at least 2 years of people-first engineering leadership experience with a team of at least 4 engineers.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with the team’s core technologies: TypeScript, React, Next.js, GraphQL, Jamstack
- Experience working directly with customers, understanding their needs, and troubleshooting their issues.
- Experience designing, building, and operating content platforms.
- Experience working with marketing and/or technical writing teams.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can go to the official website to apply.
The Application Deadline is Not Specified.