Lagos African Cluster Centre 2023 Visiting Research Fellowship Program
The Lagos African Cluster Centre calls for applications for a short Visiting Fellowship, between one and three months, from January 2023. Scholars interested in the major theme of ‘Reconfiguring African Studies’ through multidisciplinary engagement are welcome.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The aim of the Fellowship is to expose scholars to a process of reconfiguring African Studies within the African context and realities. The scholarship will make the scholar a Fellow of Lagos – African Cluster Centre (ACC). Fellows will be expected to engage with the above theme through a process of re-examining basic assumptions and querying them with multidisciplinary approaches to enhance, uphold or dismiss present knowledge about Africans while demonstrating the multiple-ness in discourses about Africa.
Requirements and Qualifications for Lagos African Cluster Centre Visiting Research Fellowship Program
Applicant has to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a PhD degree, by the time of application;
- Have conducted research, as part of the PhD and/or in later projects; with a focus on Africa;
- Be actively pursuing an academic/research career;
- Be published in chosen area of specialty;
- In accordance with visa regulations, be ready to return to the country of which applicant is a citizen and/or a current resident upon completion of the fellowship.
- Applicants must be based in an African Academic Institution, preferably in any of the ACCs and the University of Bayreuth.
Benefits of Lagos African Cluster Centre Visiting Research Fellowship Program
- A return ticket (economy class).
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses in Lagos.
- Travel insurance in Nigeria
- Accommodation in the University of Lagos: single room with shared facilities.
- The use of (shared) office facilities and of library facilities.
Documents Required for Application
- Information Page including
- First Name, Surname
- Date of Birth
- Current Home Address
- MA Degree (s) (Discipline, University, Year)
- PhD Degree: (Discipline, Dissertation Title, University, Year)
- Current Employment
- List of any relevant paid positions in the last five years
- Name of Lagos-ACC Principal Investigator (PI) that you would like to collaborate with
- CV (listing five relevant publications;)
- Research proposal (should contain)
- Title of research proposal
- Research proposal (max. 1500 words):
- Scholarly and/or applied relevance to Lagos-ACC interest (max 500):
- Work plan
Please state intended research activities during the fellowship, month by month and note that Research area must be linked to one of the six Research Sections of the Cluster. Plan should state the intended outputs of collaboration, such as events, Lecture, publications, etc.
- Two letters of recommendation, (one should be from present employer)
- A statement from a Lagos-ACC PI stating his/her willingness to collaborate with you.
How to Apply
Please complete the attached application instructions.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Applications must be submitted in English. The deadline for applications is November 30, 2022.
Application Instructions for the 2023 Visiting Research Fellowship
Kindly submit an application package containing the items below in one PDF document to [email protected] with the Subject: VISITING FELLOW 2023
For more details, visit UL website