Connect4Climate and Y2Y’s Global Youth Climate Network are excited to announce the opening of submissions for the Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Program in 2023!
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
Max Thabiso Edkins, a climate champion par excellence and a well-known pioneer of youth-led climate action, set an example that still motivates young people to be more ambitious and work toward their ideals of a sustainable future.
Connect4Climate and the Global Youth Climate Network (GYCN), an initiative of the Youth-to-Youth (Y2Y) community of young professionals at the World Bank Group, are collaborating once more to launch the Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Program in 2023 as a way to pay tribute to Max and carry on his work empowering young climate leaders (MTECAP).
Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Program (MTECAP)
The MTECAP is a six-month online program that encourages young people to become leaders in the fight against climate change by giving participants the chance to connect with one another, learn from World Bank experts and GYCN and C4C knowledge partners, and take significant climate action both locally and globally. The program provides the young ambassadors with in-depth knowledge and understanding of climate change and the related challenges examined in the World Bank Group Climate Change Action Plan as well as guidance on how to creatively communicate their newfound knowledge for maximum impact. It consists of a mix of technical and hands-on sessions.Each member is required to have attended a predetermined number of learning sessions and taken three specific climate actions in their community by the program’s conclusion. All those who meet these criteria will graduate and receive a certificate of completion.
Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Program Eligibility
Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35, have strong conversational English language skills, and have reliable access to the internet. Beyond these foundational requirements, applicants will be evaluated on each of the following criteria:
- Past and current experience as a youth leader in communities at the local, regional, national, or global level. Demonstrated ability to organize community activities is an advantage.
- Passion for climate solutions and sustainable development, and motivation to take action and empower others. We are looking for self-starters willing to take charge.
- Scale and strength of the applicant’s network and active presence on social media.
- The potential impact of the applicant’s proposed contributions to their communities and networks.
Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Program Expectations
As a participant in the Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Program, you will be expected to Learn, Act, Network and Engage.
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
Learn: learn from World Bank Group experts and GYCN and C4C knowledge partners on the most pressing climate issues across various sectors, and gain solid leadership skills with which to inspire and empower others in your community.
Act: commit to achieving at least three climate actions in your community.
Network: connect with like-minded youth across the globe to learn, exchange ideas, develop joint initiatives and projects, and amplify your impact.
Engage: upon completion of the Program, join an active Global Alumni Community of Climate Ambassadors to help you continue your climate journey.
This ambassadorship is an awesome opportunity that comes with real responsibilities. In order to receive certificates of completion and be invited to join the Alumni Community, participants in the Program must:
- Commit ~3 hours per week to Program activities between February and August 2023.
- Attend the mandatory opening and closing sessions, weekly online learning sessions (at least ⅔ of the total number of sessions — we expect to offer eight or more), and creative communications and storytelling sessions offered by Connect4Climate.*
- Complete at least three climate-related actions in their communities and provide documentation thereof (photos, videos, online mentions, etc.) to GYCN.
- Participate in a dedicated Telegram channel where the GYCN team will share programmatic updates and opportunities from its partner network.
- Join networking sessions and actively participate in GYCN social media campaigns.
How To Apply
For More Information:
The Application Deadline is 10th December 2022