Melton Foundation Global Citizenship Learning Fellowship Program for University Students.
Melton Fellows are university students who are committed to serving their communities and, through the Global Citizenship Learning Program, can build their capacity, grow their spheres of influence, and eventually model and promote global citizenship through their actions and become influencers in their communities to model and inspire change.
Are you passionate about intercultural experiences? Are you keen on unpacking and advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? Would you like to experience international collaboration to create tangible action? Are you motivated to make a difference in the world?
Eligibility Requirements for Melton Foundation Global Citizenship Learning Fellowship Program.
To be eligible, you must be a university student who is 18-25 years old as of the application deadline, and who will foreseeably live within the city limits of any of the partner universities for the first 1.5 years :
- Bangalore, India
- Greater Accra, Ghana
- New Orleans, United States
- Jena, Germany
- Temuco, Chile
- Hangzhou, China
Other eligibility requirements include:
- Must currently be enrolled in a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate school program.
- Have sufficient English language skills in order to understand and participate in all aspects of the program including complex discussions on human issues.
- Have a proven track record of civic engagement in your local community.
- Be open to learning about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and practicing Global Citizenship as a lifestyle.
- Be able to provide 1 letter of recommendation if invited to the local assessment center.
Please note that applications from motivated students from historically underrepresented minorities (URM), and low-income backgrounds are highly encouraged. Also important to note is that to apply, you need to be enrolled at or living in close vicinity to our partner universities listed here.
As a Melton Fellow and participant in Global Citizenship Learning Program, you will:
- Experience different cultures first-hand and learn to work across boundaries of place and identity.
- Expand your knowledge about relevant global topics related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Boost your skills through hands-on workshops, training, and mentoring projects.
- Co-create and develop impact projects with Fellows and partners in your community and around the world to drive change initiatives – small and big – for wider impact.
- Join a network of 500+ Fellows and partner organizations from across sectors and world regions.
- Become part of an experiential learning lab that equips you with the know-how and confidence to take action on pressing issues around you.
As a new Melton Fellow, you can expect the following during the 1.5 years of the Global Citizenship Learning Program:
- Attend annual global events of the Melton Foundation.
- Engage in online learning activities (approx. 5 hrs/month).
- Work in global project teams (depending on the project, average estimate: 5 hrs/month).
- Participate in community projects (depending on your local community engagement, average estimate: 5 hrs/month).
How To Apply
1. Application Form
The first and most important step is to submit your written application by the application deadline.
2. Assessment Center
Following the above-indicated deadline(s), we will evaluate written applications and invite suited candidates to participate in an Assessment Center. Assessment Center(s) are organized regionally and take place approximately 2-4 weeks following the application deadline, virtually or at our partner university closest to you.
Selected candidates will be informed about dates and other specifics ahead of time.
Following the Assessment Center(s), we will invite the strongest candidates from each region to complete a timed video interview that will be reviewed by our Global Selection Team.
If you are invited to a final interview, please be aware that you will need to provide at least one Letter of Recommendation letter in support of your application. You can download your recommendation letter template here.
4. Final Selection
Following the Assessment Center, a global selection team will select the best-suited finalists from across the globe to join the Global Citizenship Learning Program as a Melton Fellow.
For More Information:
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.