The Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya is Africa’s leading incubator programme for female founded businesses, aligning with calls for more diversity in technology, entrepreneurship and for more opportunities for women to develop entrepreneurial and leadership excellence. The program is an initiative of Standard Chartered in partnership with @iBizAfrica Centre, Strathmore University.
The program combines world class startup support with local and international experience to provide a holistic startup incubation program focusing on immersive learning, mentorship & coaching, seed financing and business to business linkages for high potential startups tackling the continent’s most relevant challenges.
Eligibility Criteria For Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator
Standard Chartered is seeking to recruit the best entrepreneurial minds, women-led tech startups as key drivers of innovation in business.
The Eligibility criteria is as follows:
- The business must be based in Kenya i.e. be aligned with the needs of Kenyans and operating in Kenya
- The company must be a tech-enabled and/or leveraging on emerging technologies, including but not limited to; Internet of Things (IoT); Artificial Intelligence;
- Robotics; Augmented & Virtual Reality; 3D & 4D Printing; Cloud Computing; Big Data; Blockchain; Drone Technology and Biometrics.
- The company must be founded or cofounded by a woman with an equal or majority stake.
- The founder or co founder must be over 18 years old and Kenyan
- Business models must have a clear focus on sustainability and alignment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- 3 months to less than 2 years of operations.
- Seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product and business model development.
- Pre-revenue with early traction (users).
- Post revenue is an added advantage, with the creation of a new business module.
Program Details for Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator
Entrepreneurs undergo an in depth evaluation of the current state of their company operation. This informs the methodology of curriculum delivery meeting unique needs of each venture.
Mentorship & Coaching
Inhouse mentors coaches walk the incubation journey with entrepreneurs by facilitating customized mentorship and coaching sessions addressing each company’s needs.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
Access to Seed Financing
The program enables entrepreneurs to undergo rigorous preparation that allows them to effectively acquire and utilize investments in operations. The program invests 10,000 USD each, for five high potential companies in each cohort.
Business 2 Business Matching
Companies are able to access a rich network of enablers and partners within and outside the ecosystem; enabling them to create sustainable partnerships for business growth.
Program Benefits For Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator
- 12 weeks of an immersive learning experience
- Access to a leading network of coaching experts
- Access to B2B networking opportunities
- Personalized mentorship sessions to address your unique business needs
- Opportunity to join a supportive Women in Tech Alumni Network
- KES 1,000,000 equity-free grant seed funding for the top five finalists
- 9 months ongoing support from Standard Chartered and @iBizAfrica to assist with the go-to market and scale for the top five finalists.
How to Apply
To apply all you need to do is click the link below:
Documents & Guides
Below are relevant document samples and guides that may aid your application.
- Download CVs & Cover letters
- Download study materials
- Download career resources
- Download other materials
Begin your Application
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.
DISCLAIMER: Can you also vouch for the authenticity of this opportunity? Please rate it here. However, do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.