Stephan Klasen 2023 Fellowship for Developing Countries
In 2019, the Faculty of Business and Economics, together with the Presidential Board of the University of Göttingen and the Faculty’s Development Economics professorships, established the “Stephan Klasen Fellowship” on the occasion of the Farewell Lecture by Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Stephan Klasen, Ph.D. With this award, the Faculty honours the development economist’s great commitment to young researchers and to development economics in Göttingen as a whole.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
Stephan Klasen has significantly expanded development economics in Göttingen and, by establishing diverse and cross-faculty cooperations and networks, has enabled interdisciplinary research in this field. Today, Göttingen is Germany’s largest and internationally most visible location for research on developing countries. In addition, he has created one of the first junior professorships at the Faculty of Business and Economics. As first reviewer he supervised 76 doctoral theses.
Starting in 2021, two postdoctoral fellows will be invited to Göttingen for a one-year scientific exchange each year (no teaching required). The fellowship will be advertised annually.
Requirements and Qualifications for University of Göttingen Stephan Klasen Fellowship
- Candidates from low- and middle-income countries according to the OECD DAC list (http://www.oecd.org/dac/financing-sustainable-development/development-financestandards/daclist.htm) are eligible to apply.
- Candidates are further required to hold a PhD in development economics (or similar) before the start date of the fellowship. At least one of the two fellowships will be awarded to a female candidate.
- Disabled persons with equivalent aptitude will be favored.
Benefits of University of Göttingen Stephan Klasen Fellowship
- The fellowship includes a monthly stipend and, if applicable, child and family allowances and a travel grant.
- The scholarship amount follows the guidelines for awarding scholarships at the University of Göttingen, which in turn are based on German Research Foundation (DFG) guidelines.
- They are regularly adjusted based on cost of living to ensure that scholarship holders can live comfortably in Göttingen.
How to Apply
Application documents include an academic CV, one publication or working paper, contact details of at least two academic references and a two-page research statement. Applications should be submitted to [email protected].
For more details, visit University of Göttingen website
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
Kindly share this opportunity with Post Graduates and others. Thank you.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.