University of Wollongong PhD Scholarships offers a range of research scholarships and awards to eligible international higher degree research students.
UOW was rated Australia’s leading public university for undergraduate student experience in the 2018 Good Universities Guide. Highest ranked university in NSW overall for undergraduate study on The Australian Government’s Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT) 2018.
Scholarship Details of 2022 University of Wollongong PhD Scholarships:
The UOW HDR scholarships are in the form of allowances to assist candidates in meeting their living costs while they undertake their research. They can include: annual stipends, living allowances and tuition fee costs. In addition, there are external scholarship opportunities as well as specific and industry-based scholarships available.
The successful candidates will be based out of ANCORS in Wollongong, NSW, but are expected to engage in significant periods of fieldwork in the Pacific region during their candidacy (countries’ COVID-19 requirements permitting). Click here for more information.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
Scholarship Requirements for 2022 University of Wollongong PhD Scholarships:
To be eligible, a student must:
- have completed a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with First Class Honours, or be regarded by UOW as having an equivalent level of attainment;
- intend on undertaking a full-time higher degree by research
- demonstrate a capacity to carry out independent research and have adequate training and ability to pursue the proposed course of study.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Each scholarship includes a living stipend of AU$28,854 per year tax-free (2022 rate; indexed annually for the duration of the award) for a period of 3 years (with a possible 6-month extension) starting at the latest by January 2023 and a tuition scholarship for 4 years.
- By the commencement of the research, the recipient is required to have an Australian bank account in order to receive this stipend.
- The scholarships are open to both international and domestic (Australian and New Zealand) candidates, and specifically, Pacific Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Agroforestry and Effective Biosecurity
- Exploring diverse experiences of refugee settlement in regional Australia
- Community-based fisheries management in the Pacific
- Strengthening community economies with aquatic foods in Timor-Leste
- Strengthening community economies with aquatic foods in the Solomon Islands
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning of Sensed Data for Classroom Activity Understanding.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- a cover letter (maximum of 1000 words) outlining their research interests and how these align with the project scope.
- The applicant must provide the names and contact details of at least two referees.
- Applicant must demonstrate English language proficiency to meet the requirements for post-graduate courses at UOW.
How To Apply for 2022 University of Wollongong PhD Scholarships
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.