Applications are welcomed for fully-funded PhD Positions at the Vienna BioCenter (VBC) in Austria.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
Vienna BioCenter PhD Program, a Doctoral School of the University of Vienna and Medical University of Vienna in collaboration with the Gregor Mendel Institute (GMI) and Institute of Molecular Biotechnology (IMBA) of the Austrian Academy of Science, Research Institute of Molecular Pathology (IMP) and the Max Perutz Labs.
At the Vienna BioCenter, we are looking for knowledgeable and enthusiastic applicants who want to develop competitive projects at the forefront of modern biology.
Scholarship Details of 2022 Fully-Funded PhD Positions at the Vienna BioCenter (VBC):
The Vienna BioCenter wishes to continue welcoming applications from any country of the world and maximize the procedural justice for all applicants.
The number and level of these fully-funded PhD Positions at the Vienna BioCenter awarded each year vary, depending on available funding.
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
Scholarship Requirements of 2022 Fully-Funded PhD Positions at the Vienna BioCenter (VBC):
To be considered for the fully-funded PhD Positions at the Vienna BioCenter (VBC), you must have:
- Fully completed application form submitted before the relevant deadline
- A Master’s degree or equivalent (1st Class BA Hons or BSc Hons) or anticipate receiving before enrolment
- Research experience in a relevant scientific area (we recommend 6 months full-time experience)
- Given the full details of two referees, at least one of them should have supervised you in a research project
- A high level of both spoken and written English.
- Applicants that do not hold a Master’s degree or equivalent from a European University will be asked to provide GPA scores.
- Apply to VBC by April 15.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Students will be hired by the research institute where their supervisor is based with a full-employment contract.
- The salaries offered to our students are comparable to other PhD programs in Europe, between 32,200 euros to 35,427 (gross) per year (2022 figures) depending on the institute you join which is subject to tax.
- Health/Pension/Accident/Unemployment Insurance
- University of Vienna tuition fees are reimbursed
- Visa Expenses. The HR depts. of the respective institutes will assist you in getting your visa on time before starting your employment. The costs for residence permits for newcomers are normally refunded.
- Language courses are run by the institutes (on an institute-specific basis) for you to learn some German while you are in Vienna. English is the working language of the program but a little German helps you to settle into the city and find your way around!
- Sports and Social Activities, the program and institutes organize numerous sports and social activities throughout the year.
- Vienna is not an expensive city to live in. Students can live comfortably – many even save money – during their time at the VBC.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form
- Masters degree certificate
- Academic transcripts
- Research results: Published thesis, award certificates, etc. to prove their academic achievements and research capabilities.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal ( A minimum of 1500 words for PhD applicants).
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Photocopy of Passport Photo Page
- Relevant certificates of additional training/courses.
How To Apply
Applications to the VBC is via the online applications form will be reviewed by faculty members, and the best applicants will be short-listed.
Shortlisted candidates or those with one or two application issues are contacted via skype. Usually, approximately 70 are invited applicants for the interviews.