Study In Austria: 2022 One World Scholarship Programme for International Students
Open to: Developing countries, Graduates, Post Graduates, Researchers
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
Login / Register
The One World Scholarship Programme (OWS) has opened applications for international students willing to study in Austria.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The scholarships offered by the OWS is worth €6600 in annual stipend to support international masters and doctoral students studying in Austrian universities.
The One-World Scholarship Programme is directed at students from developing countries at universities in Salzburg or Tyrol. It is meant to contribute to the peaceful coexistence of people from different countries of origin by enhancing equal opportunities, dialogue, intercultural know-how, and partnership.
The One World Scholarship Programme is meant to support students from Africa, Asia, and Latin America who are interested in development issues and who have come to Austria on their own initiative in order to complete their education. With their decision to study abroad, the students have demonstrated a high degree of assertiveness, creativity and mobility.
During their studies in Austria they acquire skills and competencies which can contribute to the economic, social, ecological and cultural development in their countries or regions of origin. As highly skilled professionals and leaders they can induce a positive change.
To be considered for the One World Scholarship Programme, you must meet the following reqirements:
- nationality of a non-European developing country (country list)
- admission to a Master or PhD programme at a university or university of applied sciences in Salzburg or Tyrol (Uni Salzburg, Uni Innsbruck, FH Salzburg, MCI, FH Kufstein)
- for PhD students: approved disposition
- age limit: Master studies max. 30 years (mothers: 35 years), PhD studies max. 35 years (mothers: 40 years) at the time of application
- Financial need
- Evidence of good progress in studies
- Interest in development and according to specialisation in studies
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Students at Master’s level receive 500 € per month, and at PhD level 550 € (€6600 per year) during the semester.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- curriculum vitae
- letter of motivation
- residence permit (or at least visa if not yet in Austria)
- account statement covering the past 3 months
- certificate of admission and confirmation of enrolment
- examinations taken and results of current studies
for Master students:
- Bachelor’s diploma + translation (if original is in a language other than English, French or Spanish)
- abstract of Bachelor thesis
for PhD students:
- Master’s diploma + translation (if original is in a language other than English, French or Spanish)
- abstract of Master thesis
- opinion of an academic supervisor
- a detailed description of the research project and its contribution to the development of practice or discourse
How To Apply
The submission of applications takes place via online form.
Interested and qualified applicants should click on the apply button below to commence their application.