Study In Canada: 2023 Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship For International Students
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship is to empower them to have meaningful impact in the world, equipping them with the skills to be leaders in their institutions and communities and instilling in them values crucial for Engaged Leaders, such as engagement with a plurality of perspectives, service to the community, audacity and innovation.
Through its Scholarship, Fellowship, and Mentorship programs, the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation focuses on the leadership development of our Scholars.
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholars must:
- Engage in Foundation in-person and digital events, including custom-designed Institutes of Engaged Leadership and Retreats during the first year of their term. NOTE: Due to the situation stemming from COVID-19, the format of forthcoming events will be adapted in accordance with national and local restrictions. Some small in-person gatherings may take place, if conditions allow. Otherwise, the Foundation will continue to engage its community through digital events.
- Collectively organize a conference event (Impact Conference) during the second year of the leadership program and present this conference during the third year
- Serve their communities as volunteers: Outside Foundation programming, active Scholars are expected to perform 30 hours of volunteer service or community initiatives each year and report on these activities to the Foundation. The Foundation takes a broad interpretation on volunteerism, particularly within the context of COVID-19.
- If they are not fluently bilingual in both of Canada’s Official Languages (French and English), take steps, through formal or informal training, to improve their proficiency in the Official Language with which they are less familiar. Scholars also commit to becoming more familiar with Canada’s Indigenous Languages through the leadership program.
Are you ready to embark on a leadership development journey rooted in Brave Spaces?
To apply to the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be already accepted into or in year one or two of a full-time doctoral program, and expected to complete your doctoral studies in 2026 or later.
- Your field of study is broadly related to the humanities or human sciences of direct relevance to the future of Canada; (please refer to the FAQ for more details and read up on past scholarship recipients)
- Your doctoral work must relate to at least one of the Foundation’s Four Themes: Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada and the World, People and their Natural Environment.
- Be a Canadian citizen studying at a Canadian or foreign institution, or a non-Canadian (permanent resident of Canada or foreign national) enrolled in a doctoral program at a Canadian institution.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholars receive:
- Membership in a vibrant community of Scholars, Mentors, and Fellows, all of whom are leaders in their respective disciplines and sectors
- Leadership training from our Mentors and Fellows, including unique experiential learning opportunities that enrich and complement their academic experience
- Opportunities to acquire greater proficiency in Canada’s official languages (French and English) as well as Indigenous languages
- Lifelong membership in the Foundation’s alumni network.
- Up to $40,000 per year for three years to cover tuition and reasonable living expenses to focus on their doctoral studies and the Foundation’s leadership program
- Up to $20,000 per year for three years, for the learning of languages (see below), for travel and accommodations for the Foundation’s leadership program and for research, networking, and travel related to their doctoral research
Are you ready to embark on a leadership development journey rooted in Brave Spaces? : Before beginning, make sure to read more about the Foundation’s programs and Brave Spaces.
- Are you willing to learn from peers, Fellows and Mentors? The Foundation’s leadership curriculum, Brave Spaces: The Path to Engaged Leadership, is anchored by six key leadership concepts: audacity & resilience communication & sharing knowledge, creativity & innovation, diversity, collaboration and duty of service, and by fostering these key competencies and values, the leadership program seeks to develop three dimensions of Scholars’ leadership: leadership of self, leadership among others and leadership of systems. Fellows and Mentors support this leadership training as trainers, advisers and mentors.
- Are you interested to learn more about Canada in the World: The Future of Foreign Policy? For the three-year leadership program starting in 2023, this scientific cycle will be focused on Canada in the World: The Future of Foreign Policy, a theme that has interdisciplinary dimensions and reflects a timely and significant set of issues for the future of Canada and the world.
- Are you committed to improving your abilities in the Canadian official language with which you are less familiar and an interest in becoming familiar with Indigenous Languages? The Foundation recognizes that knowledge of multiple languages is a hallmark of leaders and public intellectuals, and is a strength and advantage, both professionally and personally. The Foundation’s Policy on Language: BilingualismPlus outlines the Foundation’s support of its Scholars in Canada’s Official Languages – French and English – and in Canada’s Indigenous Languages. Read more about the Foundation’s BilingualismPlus policy here.
- Do you believe in academic freedom, respectful dialogue, and open debate? The Foundation fosters a community of bold, cutting-edge researchers and community leaders who hold strong views and stand out in their respective fields, who explore, ask difficult questions, and discover new horizons as they blaze new trails. The Foundation openly encourages the free transmission and dissemination of knowledge and has enshrined this in a Code of Community Engagement.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below
The Application Deadline is 2nd December 2022
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.