Study In Canada: Government of Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarships for International Students
The Government of Canada has announced applications for the 2022 Government of Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarships for interested and qualified domestic and international students.
The Government of Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarships provides a $50,000 grant per year for three years to successful candidates to conduct research in top Canadian Institutions.
Studying in Canada gives you not only the opportunity to study in world-class universities but also the avenue to obtain a permanent residency after studying.
The Vanier CGS program aims to attract and retain world-class doctoral students by supporting students who demonstrate both leadership skills and a high standard of scholarly achievement in graduate studies in the social sciences and humanities, natural sciences, and/or engineering and health.
Named after Major-General Georges P. Vanier, the first francophone Governor General of Canada, the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship (Vanier CGS) program helps Canadian institutions attract highly qualified doctoral students.
To be considered for the Government of Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarship, you must:
- be nominated by the institution at which they want to study
- meet the following criteria
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship is valued at $50,000 per year for 3 years (non-renewable)
- Scholarships are distributed equally between the three federal granting agencies:
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A ResearchNet application form (includes two letters of reference, each with three sections)
- A CCV (limited entries; please see Completing the Common CV (CCV) for complete information)
- Research Contributions (maximum one page)
- A Personal Leadership Statement (maximum 2 pages for English applications; maximum of 2.5 pages for French applications)
- Special Circumstances (maximum 0.5 page, optional)
- Two Leadership letters of reference (maximum 2 pages)
- A Research Proposal (maximum 2 pages for English applications; maximum of 2.5 pages for French applications)
- Project References (maximum 5 pages)
How To Apply
Candidates must be nominated by the institution at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program.
Step 1: Begin your application by researching Canadian institutions through the Universities Canada website. We recommend browsing each university’s respective website and thoroughly researching the program of interest in which you would like to complete your doctorate degree, as well as supervisors for your proposed research.
Step 2: Consult the Vanier CGS quota page in order to ensure that your institution of interest has a quota for the year in which you are applying.
- Applications are initiated in one of two ways. Either:
- the student informs the faculty of graduate studies at the selected institution of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program; or
- The institution initiates the nomination process by contacting the desired candidate.
- Applications are prepared by the student and submitted to the nominating institution by their internal deadline (set in ResearchNet by the nominating institution) using the ResearchNet application system.
- The nominating institution performs the internal candidate selection process.
- The nominating institution forwards recommended nominations to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat (the Secretariat) by November 1, 2022 (20:00 Eastern Time).
- The Secretariat coordinates the review process.
- The Secretariat presents the recommendations to the Tri-Agency Programs (TAP) Steering Committee.
- The TAP Steering Committee endorses and approves final decisions for the Vanier CGS program.
- Nominated candidates are notified of the competition results in April 2023.
- Each student can only be nominated once per competition. If more than one institution is interested in nominating an individual student for a Vanier CGS, the student must choose one institution to submit their nomination. Multiple nominations will not be accepted.
- The institution is responsible for notifying candidates if their application is not selected for nomination to the Secretariat. The timing for this notification may vary by institution.
- Students are responsible for contacting the institution for more information about selecting the appropriate federal granting agency, finding the appropriate contact person within a department/faculty, and for advice or questions related to content and how best to present the information in their application.
Click on the apply button below to comence your application.
The Application Deadline is 1st November 2022
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.