Egypt-Japan University E-JUST offers “E-JUST TICAD7 African Scholarship for STI” to develop high-quality human resources in the field of STI (Science, Technology and Innovation) toward future African STI network and beyond.
These scholarships are provided under the cooperation of the Egyptian government and JICA (Japan International Cooperation Agency).
Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST) is a research university with an ambition to cultivate an academic environment and become a benchmark for the Egyptian and African countries in education.
It was first established as a bilateral agreement project between the Egyptian and Japanese governments in May 2009 and later in 2010, it was ready to accept its first batch of students and make the dream a reality.
There is a strong relationship between both governments where they both divide the cooperation cohesively to ensure positive results.
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) fully supports EJUST by sending their administrative and academic experts to assist and guide in the technical and managerial system of the university, as well as sending academic experts from the Japanese Supporting University Consortium (JSUC) to support in teaching, conducting joint research and co-supervising graduate students.
Applicants shall be researchers or instructors who belong to universities or research institutions in Africa who needs to obtain an M.Sc. degree in the list of applicable courses as below No. 2 or top-class undergraduate students who are expected to be researchers or instructors by those universities.
- Applicant must be a holder of the nationality of a country in Africa except for Egypt.
- Must have a home address and current address in African continents.
- Not serving in the military.
- Applicants should be under 30 years on September 1, 2020.
- Applicants shall continue their jobs in their home universities or institutions after completion of their postgraduate programs at E-JUST.
Endorsement of application forms by their home institutions is required in order to assure they would return to home institutions in future
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The period necessary to complete the degree requirements in E-JUST, which should be within two years + Preparatory Course if applicable for M.Sc. degree
The scholarship covers: Tuition fees, accommodation, medical care, monthly stipend and round-trip flight ticket.
M.Sc. of Faculty of Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering Program
- Computer Science and Engineering Program
- Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering Program
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Program
- Materials Science and Engineering Program
- Energy Resources Engineering Program
- Environmental Engineering Program
- Chemicals and Petrochemicals Engineering Program
M.Sc. of Institute of Basic and Applied Science
- Nanoscience Program
- Applied and Computational Mathematics Program
- Energy Materials Program
- Biotechnology Program
How To Apply
Please check the box “Apply for E-JUST TICAD7 African Scholarship for STI” when you apply online and upload Letter of endorsement by home institutions in addition to above required documents in page 20.
The scholarship’s support is dependent upon the student good standing with E-JUST graduate program in which he/she is registered. An evaluation progress report will be sent semi-annually to the sponsor reporting about the student’s study level, including the student’s transcript, academic advisor report, and the updated student research situation.
Scholarships are full-time scholarships; this means that E-JUST students are fully devoting to their study and research in E-JUST and are not allowed to work elsewhere during their scholarships’ period.
The Application Deadline is February 12, 2022.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.