Study In Europe: 2022 University of Malta Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students
Open to: Graduates, International Students, Post Graduates, Researchers, Scientists
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
Applications are ongoing for the 2022 University of Malta Postgraduate Scholarships for international students to pursue a postgraduate degree in Europe.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The University of Malta Postgraduate Scholarships is offered as tuition fee waivers of up to 100 per cent (up to €19,500) awarded to deserving students.
Being one of the most peaceful nations globally, Malta has one of the best environments for international students. Apart from education, the international student will love the beautiful Maltese landscapes, the wonderful food, and the low cost of living.
The University of Malta seeks to attract top-quality students from countries outside the European Union/EEA for whom the University’s Master by research and Ph.D. programmes may be beyond their financial reach.
Tuition fee waivers of up to 100 per cent shall be awarded to deserving students. Bench fees for certain programmes may still apply. The fee waiver will apply for the normal duration of the programme being followed. If extensions of the period of study are required, these may not necessarily be eligible for a fee waiver.
To be considered for the University of Malta Postgraduate Scholarships, you must:
- have been accepted unconditionally to read for a Master by research or a Ph.D. on a full-time and part-time basis
- submit a request to be considered for a fee waiver by sending an email to the International Office
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Tuition fee waivers of up to 100 per cent shall be awarded to deserving students.
- The fee waiver will apply for the normal duration of the programme being followed.
- If extensions of the period of study are required, these may not necessarily be eligible for a fee waiver.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- detailed Curriculum Vitae, and
- a motivational letter.
- research proposal
- unconditional letter of acceptance
How To Apply
In determining next whether the candidate should be granted a full (i.e. 100 per cent) or partial (i.e. between 10 per cent and 90 per cent) fee waiver, the Scholarships Selection Board should be guided by these considerations:
- Will the candidate’s research interests, skills, experience, and/or competencies bring significant added value to the UM research community?
- How do the candidate’s personal circumstances make them more or less likely to proceed on their studies at UM without a waiver?
- What other means of support are available to the applicant since this scholarship covers tuition fees only?
- Is the nationality and/or the place of habitual residence of the candidate a priority area for the foreign and/or economic policy of the Malta Government? (This includes those countries in receipt of official Overseas Development Assistance.)
Requests for scholarships will be evaluated by a Scholarships Selection Board to ensure awards are granted to deserving candidates. The decision of the Scholarships Selection Board shall be final.
Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the apply button below to commence their application.