Study In Finland: 2022 Aalto University Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students
The Aalto University Postgraduate Scholarships are currently open for interested and qualified candidates willing to study in Finland.
The scholarships at Aalto university are fully funded with full tuition waivers and an average of €30,480 annual stipend amidst other excellent learning and development opportunities.
Finland is a great place for living with or without family – it is a safe, politically stable, and well-organized Nordic society. Finland is consistently ranked high in quality of life and was just listed again as the happiest country in the world
Aalto University, Finland invites online Applications for a number of Fully Funded PhD Degree at various Departments as follows;
You will be developing data science and machine learning approaches for spectroscopy, in particular infrared spectroscopy for in-situ characterization. For training the machine learning models, you will generate datasets with electronic structure theory. You will manage large-scale supercomputer simulations alongside AI algorithms and data analytics tools and discuss results with experimental collaborators.
In this position you will work in our recently started WATERWOOD project, which is funded by the Academy of Finland. You will be developing advanced techniques to uncover the link between water sorption and the mechanical behavior of wood and modified wood. These techniques will uncover wood-water interactions at different length scales, from the nanoscale up to the macroscopic level of wood.
The doctoral student will join a multidisciplinary project and conduct research on developing pioneering metasurface prototypes for 6G communications. The research will have strong theoretical and simulation components, where novel AI-based or inverse design tools will play an important role.
The doctoral student will join a multidisciplinary project and conduct research on developing novel optical metamaterials and photonic crystals, as well as devices based on them. The research will have strong theoretical, simulation, and experimental components. The project has strong fundamental and industrial relevance and will also involve proof-of-concept experiments at near-infrared or visible frequencies.
The selected candidate will work under the supervision of Prof. Weiwei Lin, together with the current postdoc and doctoral students in the Bridge Engineering group. The successful applicant will have the possibility to cooperate with world-class researchers and attend scientific conferences and meetings.
Doctoral student will participate in two recently awarded new research endeavors: (1) learning good and safe policies from expert demonstrations to use in assistance systems for novice users; (2) developing AI-based control strategies for autonomous vehicles in which CO2 emissions are minimized.
The motivation of the research is to develop a technological platform for the emergent quasiparticle in a designer quantum material platform formed at low temperatures. The van der Waals materials can be easily combined in vertical heterostructures, providing an outstanding platform to engineer elusive quantum states of matter.
Being a Doctoral Candidate, you will design, fabricate, and characterize the van der Waals/ 2-D materials quantum devices using in-house state-of-art micro and nanofabrication facilities. The quantum transport studies will be performed at high magnetic fields and sub-10 mK temperatures. During the doctoral thesis, microwave spectroscopy will be developed to probe the quantum dynamics of anyons.
The successful candidate will be trained in edge plasma physics with the goal to complete a doctoral thesis on the impact of the main ion species (hydrogenic versus helium) on divertor plasma detachment in tokamaks within four years of the doctoral programme at Aalto University. The candidate will be educated in executing plasma edge codes, such as SOLPS-ITER and EIRENE, to interpret data from the ASDEX Upgrade and JET tokamaks. As a team member, the candidate is anticipated to participate in ASDEX Upgrade and JET experiments, in data mining and analyses of past and on-going experiments, and in carrying out plasma simulations
To be considered for the Aalto University Postgraduate scholarships, you must:
- Have an MSc degree in a relevant discipline
- Be highly motivated and disciplined
- Meet the eligibility criteria of each position.
- Apply before the deadline
- Have the ability to collaborate in an international research community with the English language
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation skills.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The expected starting date for the position is September 2022, and it is intended for full-time work.
- The starting salary is 2540€/month and will increase to over 3100€/month with responsibilities and performance over time.
- Aalto University provides excellent learning and development opportunities, and commuter ticket benefits and Unisport offers versatile exercise services with staff discounts.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Letter of motivation (max. one page)
- Copy of M.Sc. degree and English version of the transcript of completed M.Sc. courses
- CV (max. two pages), including references
- List of publications, if applicable
- Contact details of two academic advisors
- Degree certificate (with translation into English if needed)
- Link to an electronic copy of my Master’s thesis
- English language proficiency proof, as specified in the Admission Requirements
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the apply button for their respective positions using the buttons below.
Find more information about postgraduate positions at Aalto University here.
The Application Deadline Varies by Programme
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.