The Eiffel Excellence Masters and PhD Scholarships in France are for Students from Developing Countries in Engineering Sciences, Sciences, Economics and Management, Law and Political Science 2022/2023.
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme was established by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development to enable French higher education establishments to attract top foreign students to enrol in their master’s and PhD courses.
Eiffel scholarships are available in three main fields:
- engineering science at master’s level,
- science in the broadest sense at PhD level (engineering science; exact sciences: mathematics, physics, chemistry and life sciences, nano- and biotechnology, earth sciences, sciences of the universe, environmental sciences, information and communication science and technology);
- economics and management;
- law and political sciences.
The main assignment of the Campus France offices is to promote French higher education to students in the countries in which they live. In particular, the offices can provide information on the programmes that exist in France, help students develop their goals and accomplish the administrative procedures required to see them become reality.
Campus France is a public institution in charge of promoting French higher education abroad and welcoming foreign students and researchers to France. It encourages international mobility and manages scholarship programmes and the alumni network.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must check through:
- Only foreign nationals are eligible to apply for a scholarship from the French Government.
- In the case of dual nationality applicants, those with French nationality are ineligible.
- for master’s courses, candidates must be no older than 30 on the date of the selection committee meeting, March 2021; at the PhD level, candidates must be no older than 35 on the date of the selection committee meeting, March 2021.
- only applications submitted by French educational establishments are accepted. These establishments undertake to enrol scholarship holders on the course for which they have been selected. Applications submitted by any other means shall not be considered. Furthermore, any candidate nominated by more than one establishment shall be disqualified.
- scholarships are for students wishing to enrol on a master’s course, including at an engineering school, and for PhD students. The Eiffel Programme does not apply to French-run master’s courses abroad, as non-PhD scholarship holders must complete at least 75% of their course in France. It does not apply to training under an apprenticeship contract or a professional training contract either.
- Educational establishments that shortlist non-French speaking applicants must ensure that their level of French is sufficient to enable them to integrate satisfactorily into the anticipated course
- Combination with other scholarships: foreign students who, at the time of application, have already been awarded a French government scholarship under another programme are not eligible, even if the scholarship in question does not include social security cover.
- Eiffel PhD scholarships: Establishments may nominate a candidate who was previously awarded an Eiffel scholarship at master’s level for a scholarship at PhD level. Candidates who have already been awarded an Eiffel scholarship once during their PhD cannot be awarded it for a second time. No application will be accepted for any student who applied previously but was rejected, even if the application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study.
- Eiffel master’s scholarships: no application will be accepted for any student who applied previously but was rejected, even if the application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study. Students who have already been awarded an Eiffel scholarship at the master’s level are not eligible to re-apply at the master’s level.
- Language skills: when pre-selecting non-French-speaking candidates, establishments must make sure that their language skills meet the requirements of the relevant course of study.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,181 (a maintenance allowance of €1,031 and a monthly stipend of €150).
- In addition, the following expenses are directly covered: – one international return journey; Page 3 of 6 – social security cover; – cultural activities. Scholarship holders may also receive an additional housing allowance, under certain conditions.
- The Eiffel scholarship includes a monthly allowance of €1,400.
- In addition, the following expenses are directly covered: – one international return journey (for students in law or political sciences who may make several trips, only one return journey shall be covered); – social security cover; – cultural activities. Scholarship holders may also receive an additional housing allowance, under certain conditions.
How To Apply
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.
Kindly share this opportunity with International Students and others. Thank you.