Study In Germany: 2022 SBW Berlin Scholarships for International Students
Open to: Graduates, International Students, Post Graduates
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
Login / Register
The 2022 SBW Berlin Scholarships are now available to young committed international talents to pursue a university degree or apprenticeship in Berlin.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The scholarship includes the funding of tuition fees, accommodation in our in-house student apartments, and a €6,600 annual allowance for living expenses.
From the beginning of their studies, SBW Berlin scholarship recipients initiate, develop, and implement their own social non-profit projects. Ideally, these projects have strong connections to the work of other non-profit organizations located in the scholarship recipient’s home country to improve living conditions there.
The SBW Berlin Scholarships support young talented people from abroad who have been socially committed in volunteer work in their home countries.
SBW Berlin supports all scholarship recipients to realize their professional goals in their home countries. This is done through networking with other organizations, through SBW Berlin’s assistance with targeted job searches in the scholarship recipients’ home countries and with the preparation of job materials thereafter.
In addition, all developed social non-profit projects should have strong connections with the scholarship recipients’ home countries.
To be considered for the SBW Berlin Scholarships, you must:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old
- Be professional or volunteer experience in the non-profit sector
- Be strong intention to work in their country of origin for at least 18 months after graduation
- Be able to prove a relatively low net income
- Have no first-degree family members who reside permanently in Germany
- Be able to prove that they have not stayed in Germany for more than 18 months before the application
- Have average grades corresponding to a German grade point average of at least 2.0
- Submit application before the start of their university education or fully enrolled in the first, second or max. third semester at a state-recognized university (in Germany or abroad) or application for a master’s degree shortly before or after obtaining a bachelor’s degree
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The assistance will be provided for a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of 48 months,
depending on the standard duration of studies in the discipline you have chosen.
For the duration of the scholarship (max. funding period equals the regular period of study), SBW Berlin covers the necessary living expenses of the scholarship recipients. A full scholarship includes:
- a room in our shared student flats in Berlin
- cost-of-living allowance in the amount of €6,600 per year
- tuition fees
- possibly also a travel allowance for your journey to Berlin before the start of your studies and for the journey home after you have completed your studies.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- application form (fillable PDF or online form)
- letter of motivation (one or two pages long)
- current curriculum vitae
- information about the net household income
- copy of the last school or university certificate that shows the grade point average and a grade overview
- copy of the highest academic degree (high school diploma or university certificate) that shows the grade point average and a grade overview
- If available, copies of the following documents should also be included:
- qualification for university entrance
- admission to the university in Berlin or Potsdam where you intend to study (or are already
- internationally recognized language certificate for the language in which your studies will be taught
- all previous work, training, apprenticeship and internship certificates and references
- all already obtained university certificates and records of achievements (graded and
ungraded). We recommend all applicants to submit the following additional documents, which are not mandatory:
- one or two letters of recommendation from professors, schoolteachers, employers, etc.
- evidence of the net household income
How To Apply
During the first phase of the selection process, the curriculum vitae, the letter of motivation and
the grades of the applicants will be considered.
During the second phase of the selection process, a personal interview or video conference will be conducted with each candidate who has been deemed suitable after all documents have been carefully reviewed. The proposed social non-profit project might also be discussed during the interview or video conference.
Applicants also need to submit a project description that provides a detailed overview of the
proposed project’s social significance, individual work steps, estimates on any costs and
expenditure of time, ideas on financing the project and a detailed time schedule.
Interested and qualified candidates are to click on the apply button below to commence their application.