Study In Germany: 2023 Deutsche Welle (DW) Akademie Master Degree Scholarships for Journalism students & young professionals
Applications for the 14th intake of the Deutsche Welle (DW) International Media Studies (IMS) Master’s Degree are now being accepted.
The program is designed primarily for young journalists, media managers and communications staff who come from developing and transition countries, and particularly from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. However, Germans, EU citizens and prospective students from other industrialized countries can also apply.
Requirements for 2023 Deutsche Welle (DW) Akademie Master Degree Scholarships
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and, after graduating, at least one year of professional experience in a media-related field. Applicants must also have a good command of English.
The program is particularly aimed at:
- Media workers from radio, TV, online and print
- Young journalists, especially those working with electronic media
- Journalists and managers from community radio stations
- Communications experts
- NGO employees
- Government ministry employees
- Staff working in the area of development cooperation
- Representatives of national broadcasters’ regional working groups
- Media association representatives
- The four-semester Master’s program is a full-time program. The curriculum covers a number of areas including journalism and communication sciences, media development and media management.
- The Master’s program is unique in Germany and attracts students from all over the world. It combines research, lectures and hands-on media skills in cooperation with Bonn University and the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences.
- The program is conducted in English and offers academic and practical expertise. Students are trained to become professional media specialists who can meet career demands with the required skills and confidence. The program prepares students for management positions within an international environment.
- DW Akademie currently offers the Master’s program « International Media Studies » in cooperation with the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences and Bonn University.
- For the study program, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers a limited number of scholarships to up to 10 highly qualified applicants from developing countries.
How To Apply
Before entering your data into the online application form, please make sure you have all the following documents required for the application ready:
- Letter of motivation (English, max. 700 words; font “Arial”, size 10.; spacing 1,5; dated)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (English, Europass format)
- Certificate of your academic degree(s) (including ALL transcripts)
- Proof of at least one year’s professional experience in a media-related field AFTER obtaining your first academic degree (for a scholarship you must provide proof of at least two years of professional experience). You can submit a certificate or letter from your employer as proof of work experience. Please make sure it includes your media-related job title, the dates from and to when you worked in that position, company letterhead, date of issue of the certificate/letter and a signature from your employer. If you were self-employed or worked on media projects, please see the FAQ.
- Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China or Vietnam)
- Proof of sufficient English language skills (C1-Level or higher in accordance with the « Common European Framework »). If you completed a degree in which the medium of instruction was English, you should submit written official confirmation from the university that English was the medium of instruction.
For More Information:
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.