Study In Holland: University of Twente Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students
Open to: Graduates, International Students, Post Graduates, Researchers, Scientists
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
The 2022 University of Twente Postgraduate Scholarships are open for international candidates eligible to pursue a postgraduate degree at the university.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The scholarship is a fully-funded award that exempts successful students from paying tuition as well as an annual salary of €37,464 and other pension benefits.
There are other excellent benefits for selected candidates including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3% and a solid pension scheme.
University Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for excellent students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries, applying for graduate studies.
As a PhD student at UT, you will be appointed to a full-time position for four years, with a qualifier in the first year, within a very stimulating and exciting scientific environment.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Meet the required criteria of your specified programme
- Be a talented, research-oriented PhD candidate
- Be proficient in English.
- Have, or will shortly acquire, an MSc degree.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Most PhD students in the Netherlands are considered as university employees, and therefore receive a salary to fund their research. Therefore, there are no traditional tuition fees for doctoral candidates or doctoral fellows.
- You will receive a gross monthly salary ranging from € 2.443,- (first year) to € 3.122 per month
- There are excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%, and a solid pension scheme;
- A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid)
- You will have a training programme as part of the Twente Graduate School where you and your supervisors will determine a plan for a suitable education and supervision
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest and motivation to apply for a PhD position in your desired research area.
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- An academic transcript of BSc and MSc education, including grades.
- A short description of your MSc thesis/final project.
- References (contact information) of two scientific staff members (one of whom should be the supervisor of your MSc thesis/final project) who are willing to provide a recommendation letter at the university’s request.
How To Apply
Available programmes are as follows;
- PhD Position In Mathematical Shape Analysis
- PhD Position In Infinite-Dimensional Optimization For Theoretical Machine Learning
- PhD Position In Computational Neuroscience
- PhD Nano-Scale Characterization of Catalytic Metal Nanoparticle-Semiconductor Interfaces Using In Situ Atomic Force Microscopy
- PhD Position on Integrating safety and Cybersecurity through Stochastic Model checking
- PhD Position the (Anti-) therapeutic effects of participation in a criminal trial on Mental Health after Bereavement
- PhD Position on Understanding the Melting Dynamics in Turbulent Flows-Experimental
- PhD Position on knowledge Representation and Reasoning for Personal Agents
- PhD Candidate Position: Scaling Friction from Single Grain to Aggregate Grain (Fault-Gouge)
- PhD Position in IC Design Group
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the apply button below to commence their application.