Study In Holland: University of Twente Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students
The 2022 University of Twente Postgraduate Scholarships are open for international candidates eligible to pursue a postgraduate degree at the university.
The scholarship is a fully-funded award that exempts successful students from paying tuition as well as an annual salary of €37,464 and other pension benefits.
There are other excellent benefits for selected candidates including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, a year-end bonus of 8.3% and a solid pension scheme.
University Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for excellent students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries, applying for graduate studies.
As a PhD student at UT, you will be appointed to a full-time position for four years, with a qualifier in the first year, within a very stimulating and exciting scientific environment.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Meet the required criteria of your specified programme
- Be a talented, research-oriented PhD candidate
- Be proficient in English.
- Have, or will shortly acquire, an MSc degree.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Most PhD students in the Netherlands are considered as university employees, and therefore receive a salary to fund their research. Therefore, there are no traditional tuition fees for doctoral candidates or doctoral fellows.
- You will receive a gross monthly salary ranging from € 2.443,- (first year) to € 3.122 per month
- There are excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%, and a solid pension scheme;
- A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid)
- You will have a training programme as part of the Twente Graduate School where you and your supervisors will determine a plan for a suitable education and supervision
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A motivation letter, emphasizing your specific interest and motivation to apply for a PhD position in your desired research area.
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- An academic transcript of BSc and MSc education, including grades.
- A short description of your MSc thesis/final project.
- References (contact information) of two scientific staff members (one of whom should be the supervisor of your MSc thesis/final project) who are willing to provide a recommendation letter at the university’s request.
How To Apply
Available programmes are as follows;
- PhD Position In Mathematical Shape Analysis
- PhD Position In Infinite-Dimensional Optimization For Theoretical Machine Learning
- PhD Position In Computational Neuroscience
- PhD Nano-Scale Characterization of Catalytic Metal Nanoparticle-Semiconductor Interfaces Using In Situ Atomic Force Microscopy
- PhD Position on Integrating safety and Cybersecurity through Stochastic Model checking
- PhD Position the (Anti-) therapeutic effects of participation in a criminal trial on Mental Health after Bereavement
- PhD Position on Understanding the Melting Dynamics in Turbulent Flows-Experimental
- PhD Position on knowledge Representation and Reasoning for Personal Agents
- PhD Candidate Position: Scaling Friction from Single Grain to Aggregate Grain (Fault-Gouge)
- PhD Position in IC Design Group
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the apply button below to commence their application.
The Application Deadline Varies by Programme
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.