Study In Ireland: 2023 Government of Ireland Scholarship for International Students
Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme is an initiative where 60 scholarships will be provided for one year study at Masters or PhD levels to successful candidates who have an offer of a place at an eligible Irish higher education institution.
The offer is open to students from non-EU/EEA countries and is applicable to all fields of study.
2023 Government of Ireland Scholarship Details:
The aim of the 2023 GOI-IES scheme is to reflect Ireland’s engagement in target partner countries. The scheme is operated in the higher education sector and funded in partnership between the Government of Ireland and the higher education institutions (HEIs).
Scholarships are branded as prestigious awards reflecting the core messages about Ireland as a centre of international education, research and innovation.
It is expected that for every scholarship awardee, awareness of Ireland among many more potential students as a location of excellence in international will rise.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Candidates must demonstrate record of outstanding academic achievement
- Excellent communication skills;
- Participation in extra curriculum activities. For example: humanitarian work; politics either local, national or international; arts; sports;
- A strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES aligns with their longer-term goals.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Students who are successful will receive:
- A €10,000 stipend for one year’s study
- A full fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution
Eligible students are invited to submit applications via the official online application process at this link. A marking system (total 100 marks) is part of the call with the relevant scores shown in brackets after the key selection criteria.
The applications must cover the following, as requested in the online application tool:
- Academic qualifications, achievements and/or work experience (40 marks)
- Personal Statement (refer to the Candidate Profile). Applicants will be required to demonstrate: o the benefit of becoming a GOI-IES Scholar; to themselves (personally and professionally), to the institution, to Ireland (economically and societally), as well as their country of origin. (15 marks);
- how they will extend themselves beyond their project/studies to become actively involved in Irish society in order to maximise their academic and cultural exchange experience and to raise awareness of the GOI-IES scheme in Ireland and beyond (15 marks);
- the extent to which they have a long-term interest in Ireland and how they will promote links with Ireland during their time as scholars and also after as Alumni (15 marks).
- Two references uploaded via the online application portal (please note that the HEA is not able to accept references submitted via email or other sources outside of the online application portal) (15 marks)
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.