2022 Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) for Graduate Students: The Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program offers about 135 graduate scholarships a year for studies in economics, business and management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
The ADB defines itself as a social development organization that is dedicated to reducing poverty in Asia and the Pacific through inclusive economic growth
Scholarship Details of 2022 Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program:
The Asian Development Bank –Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) was established in April 1988 with financing from the Government of Japan. It aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing members to pursue postgraduate studies in economics, business and management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at 29 educational institutions in 10 countries in Asia and the Pacific.
Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
Scholarship Requirements for 2022 Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program:
To be considered for the Asian Development Bank –Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP), you must:
- be a national of an ADB borrowing member country and Japanese ODA scholarship-eligible country
- not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- have gained admission to an approved master’s course at a Designated Institution.
- hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record;
- have at least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. The candidate must have proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies;
- not be more than 35 years old at the time of application, unless waived in exceptional cases with the expressed endorsement of the Government of Japan;
- be in good health;
- agree to return and work in his/her home country for at least two (2) years after completion of studies under the Program in order to contribute to its development;
- not be an Executive Director, Alternate Directors, management, staff and consultants of ADB, or the close relatives of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: spouse, mother, stepmother, father, stepfather, sister, stepsister, brother, stepbrother, son, daughter, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew;
- not be staff of ADB–JSP Designated Institutions;
- not be living or working in a country other than his/her home country; and
- not be already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Send applications for scholarships at least six months prior to the planned time that you wish to commence your studies.
Please refer to the normal month of intake and the deadline for application to the participating academic institutions.
The ADB-JSP provides:
- full tuition fees
- monthly subsistence allowance (including housing)
- books and instructional materials
- medical insurance
- travel expenses
For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation. In special circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship.
- Cook Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Marshall Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Viet Nam