JICA Government of Japan Scholarship and Internship program for African students is under the “African Business Education Initiative for Youth (hereafter, referred to as the “ABE Initiative”) with the mandate to provide up to 1,000 youths in Africa with opportunities to study at Japanese universities as well as do internships at Japanese enterprises.
The ABE Initiative aims at fostering leaders with proven ability to contribute towards Africa’s development in collaboration with the Japanese private sector.
JICA is looking for prominent young South African nationals who are or anticipating to be involved in industrial development activities in both public and private sectors, and who have strong motivation to strengthen economic ties between South Africa and Japan.
The scholarship is an initiative of Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is advancing its activities around the pillars of a field-oriented approach, human security, and enhanced effectiveness, efficiency, and speed.
A variety of organizations and groups, including governments as well as international organizations, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and private companies, carry out financial assistance to developing countries for socioeconomic development.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
- Be citizens of eligible African countries
- Be less than 40 (as of 1 April 2023)
- Have some work experience
- Have good health condition, both physically and mentally, to complete the program
- Bachelor’s degree (B-Tech included) with honours or equivalent to NQF8 or above
- Minimum average of 65% score in academic transcript
- Have good understanding of the ABE Initiative’s objectives
- Have adequate English skills in both written and oral communication
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The program provides African youths with opportunities to study at Japanese universities and to work at Japanese enterprises.
- A fully funded offer
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Undergraduate Graduation Certificate * A copy of “Officially certified copies of the original” is acceptable * Must be written in English or be accompanied with official translation in English
- Academic transcript * Must contain all the grades earned in the university attended by the applicant. * A copy of “Officially certified copies of the original” is acceptable * Must be written in English or accompanied with official translation in English
- A copy of Valid Passport with photo (for checking nationality, name, sex, and date of birth). Valid National ID and birth certificate are acceptable if you do not have Passport. Certified English translation must be attached if ID is not written in English, French, Portuguese or Spanish)
- 2 ID Photos(4 cm×3 cm) pasted on application form (Original and copy).
- Photocopy of the certificate of official English Tests etc. (if any) (7) Health certificate (in JICA format) to be submitted after the 4 th Selection.
How To Apply
The registration procedures require interested participants to pay attention to the following documents as it contains series of guides for the application.
- A-3. 2023 Application Form for ABE Initiative (includes Annex1&3) (Excel/316KB)
- A-5. Annex.2 Details of Current and Previous Work, Research Plan and Career Plan after Graduation (Word/22.0KB)
- C-4. Application Form_Cover (ABE, SDGs) (Japanese) (PDF/153KB)
- C-5. Example of Application Form (PDF/916KB)
The subject of the email should be as follows: “[ABE Initiative FY2023] Submission of Application”
The Application Deadline is 7th October 2022
Documents & Guides
Below are relevant document samples and guides that may aid your application.
- Download CVs & Cover letters
- Download study materials
- Download career resources
- Download other materials
Begin your Application
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.
DISCLAIMER: Can you also vouch for the authenticity of this opportunity? Please rate it here. However, do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.