Study In Korea: 2023 Global Korea Scholarship program For International Students
In 2023, the Korean Government’s Global Korea Scholarship program aims to invite international students who wish to pursue undergraduate degrees in Korea.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The scholarship is aimed to provide international students with an opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea, to develop global leaders and strengthen Korea-friendly networks worldwide.
Korean government invites 125 international students from 67 countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Korea. To be selected as a GKS grantee, any applicant should successfully pass through the 1st selection process set by the Korean Embassy of his or her country of origin.
Korean government invites 81 international students.
– General: 74 scholars
– Overseas Koreans: 7 scholars
Korean government invites 119* international students.
– Regional University: 49 scholars
– Associate Degree : 15 scholars
– UIC Program: 55 scholars
[Embassy Track & University Track]
Please contact the first ground of selection organizations(embassy or university) to get detailed information regarding the application submission such as application deadline, required documents, interview and etc. Application submission deadline may differ by each embassy or university that conducts the first round of selection.
To be eligible for the Korean Government Scholarship:
- Candidates and their parents must hold non-Korean citizenship.
- KGSP-G: under 40
- KGSP-U: under 25
- Candidates must be physically and mentally healthy for their studies in Korea.
- KGSP-G: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- KGSP-U: High school diploma
- The cumulative grade point average (CGPA) must be 80% or higher; or
- The CGPA must be 2.64/ 4.0, 2.80/ 4.3, 2.91/ 4.5, or 3.23/ 5.0 or higher.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Medical Insurance
- Settlement Allowance
- Completion Grants
- NIIED invites the Korean Embassy in the invited country or a domestic university to recommend potential candidates.
- Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned.
- The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
- NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should pay attention to the embassy or the university he or she is applying to. Each embassy and university has its own application deadline, so applicants must check with the respective institute before submitting application.
The Application deadline is October 2022