Study In Korea: 2023 Korean Government KOICA Scholarship Program for Developing Countries
Korean Government KOICA Scholarship Program is designed to train key leaders in partner countries to contribute to the socio-economic development of their countries. This scholarship is fully-funded.
The KOICA Scholarship Program (SP) for master’s degrees is designed to nurture key leaders in developing countries who can contribute to the socio-economic development of their home countries.
Prospective applicants must meet all of the following conditions.
- Citizenship: Be a citizen of the Scholarship Program target country.
- Government Nomination: Be officially nominated by their governments.
- (For master) Be a government employee. With a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of study (For PhD) Be a government employee.
- With a minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of study after graduation from KOICA master’s degree program * Exception1 – Applicants with an ‘international NGO’ background may apply for the program with two letters of recommendations:
- Your government office; and -Korean Embassy, world widely known NGO, UN-associated organizations, or the KOICA Organization within your region
- Applicants with ‘international NGO’ background are ONLY allowed to apply for KOICA-AJOU Master’s Degree Program in Civil Society Leadership
- AGE: (Preferably) Be under age 40 as of February 1, 2023.
- Health: Be in good health, both physically and mentally. – Those with disabilities, but in good mental and physical health, are eligible to apply. – Those with severe illness are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
- Level of Education: Have completed a Bachelor Degree or an equivalent to college / university level Educational background.
- Some programs have specific qualifications in terms of level of education. Refer to Program Information of each program.
- English Proficiency: Have a good command of both spoken and written English in order to take classes conducted entirely in English and to be able to write academic reports and thesis in English.
- Not be a person who has withdrawn from KOICA’s scholarship program.
- A person belonging to the institution in which candidates submitted false documents and returned to his / her country arbitrarily in the middle of SP program cannot apply.
- Have not participated in KOICA scholarship program or any of the Korean Government’s Scholarship Programs before.
- Doctorate Program applicants: recipients of a master’s degree scholarship from KOICA are still eligible to apply. i.e. an applicant who holds a master’s degree through the KOICA SP may not apply for another KOICA master degree, but may apply for a KOICA doctorate degree.
- (Preferably) Be employed by your government during and after the program (be engaged in the expertized area of your study as an official servant of your government)
- and other qualifications from university you are going to apply (refer to the Program Information)
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Tuition fee
- Monthly allowance
- Air fare
- Settlement allowance
- Scholarship Completion Grant
- Extracurricular Activities
How To Apply
All documents should be sent to the regional KOICA office or the relevant government office.
Use the link below to start your application processing.
The Application Deadline is 20th March 2023
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.