Monash University GEMS Scholarship is now open for interested and qualified domestic and international students to study in both Malaysian and Australian campuses of the University.
The Monash University GEMS Scholarship will offer selected applicants full scholarships covering the full tuition, travel, and initial cost of living expenses in Australia and Malaysia.
Scholarship recipients also get an annual stipend of $29,900 per annum while studying for the whole period of three years.
The Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship (GEMS) program aims to bring the best and brightest PhD students to Monash University Malaysia, where they can work with top-class research teams on some of the world’s core challenges.
Each PhD student will be supervised by a team of staff in Malaysia and Australia, and as such, the program, which is scheduled to commence in 2022, will include a paid placement in Australia for up to 12 months.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
To be considered for the Monash University GEMS Scholarship, you must:
- Be a domestic or international student
- Satisfy particular academic and English language requirements.
- Possess a minimum academic qualification of First Class Honours (H1) or its equivalence (H1E) recognized by Monash Malaysia.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- 100% tuition fee waiver for three years and three months under the Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship (GEMS).
- The period in Malaysia: a monthly stipend of RM 2,800 for 27 months.
- The period in Australia: an annual stipend of AUD 29,500 up to 12 months.
- A grant to cover travel and initial cost of living expenses in Australia.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form
- Academic transcripts (Certified true copies with grading scales)
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement on why you think are suited for the GEMS program (300 words)
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a panel interview.
- An Invitation to Apply letter will be sent to successful applicants on the next steps to complete your application.
How To Apply
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.