Study In Netherlands: 2022 Amsterdam Merit Scholarship For International Students
The University of Amsterdam is currently inviting international students outside the EU/EEA countries to apply for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) – a scholarship that covers the tuition fee and part of the living for one academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year (for two-year Master’s programmes).
The scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence. Hence, students who are awarded an AMS are expected to complete their first year of study with good results (at least 40 ECTS) in order to receive the scholarship for the second year as well.
The University of Amsterdam is ambitious, creative and committed: a leader in international science and a partner in innovation, the UvA has been inspiring generations since 1632 Since its foundation in 1632, the UvA has grown into one of the leading universities across the full spectrum of the arts, humanities, natural sciences, social sciences and medical sciences.
The Faculty of Science has a limited number of Amsterdam Merit Scholarships available. In addition to the admission requirements of the Master’s programme, eligible candidates are selected on the basis of their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field as evidenced by:
- The candidate’s academic records. Students belonging to the top 10% of graduates from their class can apply. This generally means an overall GPA equivalent to:
- 3.5 (American system, 4-point scale)
- 1st class honours/ upper-division (British system)
- 8+ (Dutch EC-system, 10-point scale);
- The academic quality of the educational institute where the (under)graduate degree has been (or will be) obtained;
- The quality of the letter of motivation (maximum 500 words), in which the candidate explains the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s programme in a broader context and the relevance of obtaining this scholarship for the candidate’s future academic career;
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae, including a description of extracurricular activities such as participation in student commissions, international experience, sports or music at a high level or volunteer work;
- The quality of the application as a whole (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Failure to meet one or more of the requirements or selection criteria automatically means that the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
Candidates wishing to apply for an AMS programme should:
- Not have the nationality of one of the countries of the EU/EEA or Suisse
- Not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (for more information please refer to duo.nl).
- Not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA
- Not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS
- Have submitted a complete application to one of the MSc programmes (see the website of your MSc programme for the application and admission procedure)
- Have been (or will be) admitted for the first time to one of the MSc programmes at the UvA
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable)
- Have completed their previous academic programme no longer than 3 years ago
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Letter of motivation
- Candidate’s curriculum vitae
- Proof of English proficiency
- TOEFL (internet-based); an overall score of 100, with a minimum score of 22 in each of the four components
- IELTS (academic); an overall score of 7.0, with a minimum of 7.0 in each of the four components
- A Cambridge Examination Score with a minimum test result of C1 Advanced (CAE) A or B will also be accepted. For the C2 Proficiency test (CPE) a minimum score of C is required.
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.