Study In Switzerland: 2023 United Nations Graduate Study Program For International Students
Open to: Graduates, International Students, Post Graduates, Researchers
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
United Nations Graduate Study Program (GSP) at UN Geneva is the longest-running educational programme of the United Nations, now in its 61st year. Over the past six decades, the GSP has brought together and trained several thousand young people from over 100 countries on all continents.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
2023 United Nations Graduate Study Program Details:
The 61st Graduate Study Programme will be held at the Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, from Monday, 3 July until Friday, 14 July 2023. It will consist of lectures given by representatives of the United Nations, other international organizations and NGOs, visits to institutions, and working on group projects.
The theme of the 61st Graduate Study Programme will be:
“All Rights for All People”: Universal Declaration of Human Rights at 75”
The first week of the Programme will provide an overview of some of the main themes addressed by “International Geneva”, such as sustainable development, humanitarian action, disarmament, peace and security, trade, climate, health, gender equality, education, refugees and migrants. In the second week, the focus will switch to human rights, part of the year-long initiative to mark the 75th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human RightsOpens in new window (UDHR).
To be eligible for the United Nations Graduate Study Programme 2023, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Fluency in spoken and written English is necessary. As some discussions may be held in French, knowledge of French is also recommended.
- Applicants must be between 22 and 32 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a master’s degree, a postgraduate degree, or a doctorate programme at the time of application. Proof of enrolment will be required.
- Those who are already employed full-time are not eligible to apply.
- Those who have participated in previous editions of the Graduate Study Programme are not eligible to apply.
Duration and Reward
Participants in the Graduate Study Programme will be selected by a Selection Committee composed of UN Geneva officials with various backgrounds and professional experiences.
- The Selection Committee is guided by the following criteria:
- Academic background and achievements
- Extracurricular activities
- Geographical balance
- Gender balance
- Knowledge of the two working languages of the Programme (fluency in English, knowledge of French)
- Usefulness of the Programme for a prospective career of the applicant
Applications are considered on a case-by-case basis. The Selection Committee does not disclose the motivation of its choices. Decisions of the Selection Committee are final and cannot be appealed.
Candidates will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision via email by Friday, 21 April 2023.
Once selected, successful candidates will be asked ahead of time to provide a medical certificate attesting their good health and a proof of medical insurance coverage in Switzerland for the duration of the GSP. These two documents will be accepted in English or French only.
submit the following documents:
- A copy of the applicant’s passport;
- A letter of recommendation (in English or in French) from a university or a governmental authority;
- A proof of current enrolment (at the time of application) in a master’s degree, a postgraduate degree, or a doctorate programme;
- Copies of previous university diplomas obtained;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A short motivation letter (300 words maximum).
How to Apply
Students who wish to participate in the 2023 Graduate Study Programme must submit their application online by Friday, 3 March 2023, 12 noon Geneva time. No applications will be accepted after this time.
The application formOpens in new window shall be completed on our website
Please note that incomplete applications, or submitted without the documents mentioned above, will be automatically eliminated.
The Application Deadline is 3rd March 2023