The goal of the Engineering for Development Doctoral Scholarship (E4D) Programme is to promote research and education for the benefit of underprivileged people in low-income countries.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
ETH4D aims to combine technological innovation with a profound understanding of people’s behavior and their environments to identify new solutions for improving the lives of poor people. It, therefore, supports research, which combines the knowledge and skills of engineering, the natural and the social sciences, and promotes the collaboration between scientific research, civil society, industry, and policy.
ETH4D aims to educate the future leaders of sustainable development. It will train a new generation of engineers and natural scientists able to develop, implement and scale world-changing innovations with a global perspective.
Scholarship Details of Engineering for Development Doctoral Scholarship:
The E4D Programme is generously funded through the Sawiris Foundation for Social Developmentand the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation The current programme phase runs from 2019 to 2023.
Scholarship Requirements of Engineering for Development Doctoral Scholarship:
To be considered for the Engineering for Development Doctoral Scholarship, you must have:
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
- Existing contact with an ETH professor in the field of your study is highly recommended
- High English proficiency level is necessary
- Maximum age: 40 years
- Excellent MSc or MA degree with high academic performance is necessary
- ONLY contact an ETH professor with a concrete project idea.
- Experience in the selected research area is required.
- Preference will be given to citizens of low- and lower-middle-income countries
according to the OECD DAC-2022-23 list classification2
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The grant sum is 175’000 CHF ($189,540.57) to cover the salary costs of the doctoral students for three years.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Project description (using this template
- CV of the candidate
- Excellent MSc or MA degree from a recognised university and grade transcripts
- Support letter of the supervising professor at ETH Zurich, clearly stating the financial contribution to the project
- 2 reference letters from your field of research
- Own publications or documentation of relevant activities relating to the project
- Names and contacts of 5 independent external reviewers.
How To Apply for Engineering for Development Doctoral Scholarship
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the Apply button below to begin their application.
Ensure to upload all documents in the electronic form