Study-In UK: 2022 B.A. Krukoff Masters Fellowship in Tropical African Botany
The course is delivered by scientists from both RBG Kew and Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) and is a mixture of taught modules and a six-month research project.
Three of the taught modules are delivered at Kew, in west London and two at QMUL at Mile End Campus, east London. The final taught module occurs in the humid tropical forests of Madagascar.
Students can decide where to complete their six-month research project.
In addition, students will have access to Kew’s extensive collections including the Herbarium and Fungarium, as well as the research expertise at Kew. Over 80 per cent of a student’s time is typically spent at Kew.
- Have received an offer of a place on the Kew/QMUL Plant and Fungal Taxonomy Diversity and Conservation MSc programme for the 2022-23 academic year. Applicants who have received a conditional offer are also eligible to apply but, if awarded the bursary, they must fulfil all conditions of the offer no later than 10 July 2022.
- Demonstrate their experience in Tropical African botany*.
- Demonstrate how they will continue to work and have an impact in Tropical African Botany* after they complete the course.
Note – In this context, we consider tropical Africa to comprise those countries that are members of the African Union, as per the following list of qualifying countries.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The bursary provides £18,000 for a monthly stipend to cover accommodation, subsistence, daily travel allowance and costs associated with the field trip.
- Up to £3,000 is available for visa application costs, the UK Healthcare surcharge fee (as specified on the UK Government website) and travel to and from their home town/country at the beginning and the end of the course only.
- The relevant tuition fees will be covered by the Trust in addition to the student allocation.
The bursary recipient must:
- Be eligible to study in the UK. All applicants are advised to check the UK visa requirements and application processes as early as possible, to ensure that they fulfil any requirements before the start of the course in September 2022.
- Not be in receipt of any other bursaries or grants for completion of an MSc in the 2022-23 academic year.
How To Apply
Email [email protected] for an application form. Applications close at 23:59 (GMT+1) on Wednesday 31 March 2022.
Use this link to start your application.
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.