2022 application for the University of Glasglow Urban Big Data Center Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students has commenced for interested and qualified candidates.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
The award comes with a full scholarship covering tuition and monthly stipends at UKRI rates (£4,500 (tuition fees) and £15,609 (stipend)) throughout the course of study at the university.
Urban Big Data Center (UBDC) is a multidisciplinary research group of social scientists, data scientists, and engineers, supported by our Centre’s administrative team. They publish world-leading research in the social sciences and other disciplines that is distinguished by its critical engagement with debates about new forms of data (big data) and data-driven urban analytics.
The Urban Big Center is delighted to invite applications for two University-funded PhD scholarships (+3), commencing in October 2022. One is available to International applicants and one is restricted to UK residents.
UBDC’s mission is to be an international centre of excellence in the research use of digital footprint data and associated analytical technologies to address the challenges of urban planning, development, and management. Working with a supervisory team from the Centre, the successful students will develop projects aligned with this mission. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a keen interest in developing advanced skills in quantitative or data-driven social research, and in applying these to real-world urban policy problems.
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
To be considered for the IMES, you must:
- have a good first degree (2.1. or higher) in an appropriate discipline including, but not limited to: social sciences, economics, geography, computing science, statistics or environmental sciences.
- be able to demonstrate quantitative or data-driven research skills appropriate to their level of qualification.
- be able to demonstrate an interest in and appreciation of the challenges of urban social science research.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The scholarship is available as a +3 programme only. The programme will commence in October 2022. The funding includes:
- An annual stipend at the UKRI rate (£4,500 (tuition fees) and £15,609 (stipend))
- Fees at the standard home rate or international rate (funding will support one scholarship at the International rate and the other at the Home rate)
- Students can also draw on a Research Training Support Grant, usually up to a maximum of £750 per year
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- UBDC PhD Scholarship application form (in Word format)
- Academic transcripts (All relevant Undergraduate and Master’s level degree transcripts (and translations, if not originally in English) – provisional transcripts are sufficient if you are yet to complete your degree).
- 2 references (where possible your references should include an academic familiar with your work. Both references can be from academics but you may include a work reference, especially if you have been out of academia for more than 5 years).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (academic where applicable).
How To Apply
Interested and qualified? Click on the apply button below to apply.
All scholarship awards are subject to candidates successfully securing admission to a PhD programme within the Urban Studies subject area of the School of Social and Political Sciences. Successful applicants will be invited to apply for admission to the relevant PhD programme after they are selected for funding.
Find out more, including full details on how to apply, on the University of Glasgow website.