Study In UK: 2023 Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarship at University of Oxford
Applications for the 2023 AIG Scholarships are now open for exceptional Nigerians to study in the University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The AIG Scholarships were launched in 2017 to provide a unique opportunity for exceptional West Africans interested in a career in public service to pursue a Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford. Since 2017, twenty-seven (27) scholarships worth over £50,000 each have been awarded to future public sector leaders who have demonstrated a passion for the public sector.
From 2022, the AIG Scholarships will only be open to applicants already working in the civil service. Applicants should be between 25 and 50, with strong intellectual capacity, demonstrable leadership qualities and a passion for contributing to Nigeria’s civil service development.
To be considered for the Scholarship, you must:
- Have a strong intellectual capacity, demonstrable leadership qualities and a passion for contributing to the development of Nigeria’s civil service
- Be willing to go to the UK for the Education
- Be a Nigerian currently working in the public sector (Ministries, Departments, Agencies & Parastatals) at either Federal or State levels
- Aged between 25 and 45 years
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years (combined private & public sector) work experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Funding will be provided for Tuition, stipend, and living expenses
- Scholars of AIG will have access to opportunities that can help their career development
- Coaching and mentoring
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form (to be fill online)
- Due to high volumes of applications, only applicants shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process will ne be contacted, and any inquiries regarding individual application status will not be responded to.
- Only applications submitted via the online application portal will be considered.
- Candidates who emerge as finalists in the selection process will be required to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, for admission. Full support will be provided throughout the application process. Finalists offered admission to the Master of Public Policy will be considered for the AIG Scholarship.